LaunchBox Community Forums

Ultimarc ServoStik setup

mthompson239

Coming over from HS...and having a slight issue.  I can run Mame via *.exe and my controllers and buttons work.  however, if called via Launchbox or even BigBig <paid supporter>, controllers nor buttons do anything,  The drop down for controllers is empty...am I simply missing a config step?

Setup:

LaunchBox Version 8.2

Mame32 Version .119

No RetroArch

JoyToKey

(2) Ultimarc ServoStick and 32 buttons w/trackball controlled by iPAC4

Windows 7 64

LB_Ctrl_Cfg.PNG

Edited by mthompson239

It looks like for whatever reason LB isn't seeing your controller what type of controller is it.

EDIT: My bad its there in the title. Since I don't have one of those I have no clue hopefully someone can help you out though I'm pretty sure we do have users that successful use them.

1 hour ago, DOS76 said:

It looks like for whatever reason LB isn't seeing your controller what type of controller is it.

EDIT: My bad its there in the title. Since I don't have one of those I have no clue hopefully someone can help you out though I'm pretty sure we do have users that successful use them.

Its early ;).  Yeah, everything else seems to be proper.

Hrmmm, maybe not directly related due to questioning auto switching from 4 to 8 way setup within LB.

On 3/15/2017 at 10:17 PM, Lordmonkus said:

Yeah I don't see those servo sticks being a common thing for users to warrant much time to programming support them.

Hopefully the Additional Apps or AHK script can be used to do it for now.

Edit:  I suppose I could hookup a PS3 controller and see if it see that to further troubleshoot?

Possible useful thread(s) to be tested later tonight; will edit if not related/not_resolved: 

Edited by mthompson239

7 hours ago, DOS76 said:

If no one ends up assisting to get this to work nor do any of the above items I posted gets me to my end result, since a paid member...would a support ticket be suitable?

@mthompson239 Feel free to create a ticket in BitBucket, yes. Does the controller work in MAME if you disable gamepad/joystick input in LaunchBox? I don't believe I've heard about this particular issue before with this particular device, but I do know that there are a number of glitchy drivers out there for controllers that can cause issues. If you can, check to make sure there isn't a driver update available for the stick.

Also, I know that a lot of arcade controllers simulate keyboard presses instead of acting as actual gamepads/joysticks, so that could be part of it somehow.

Just now, Jason Carr said:

@mthompson239 Feel free to create a ticket in BitBucket, yes. Does the controller work in MAME if you disable gamepad/joystick input in LaunchBox? I don't believe I've heard about this particular issue before with this particular device, but I do know that there are a number of glitchy drivers out there for controllers that can cause issues. If you can, check to make sure there isn't a driver update available for the stick.

Also, I know that a lot of arcade controllers simulate keyboard presses instead of acting as actual gamepads/joysticks, so that could be part of it somehow.

Jason,

Thanks for the reply.  Yes I will be able to confirm the keyboard setting here in about an hour or so...tick toc tick toc.  Will keep this post updated.

On 4/19/2018 at 4:18 PM, Jason Carr said:

Its odd...I have my old mame setup HD within the same new computer...I can call that Mame up and play just fine.  But the mame I now have for this build <different HD> doesnt respond to stik/buttons...other than escape button; left this out about.  So they "are working" in sorts...apparently missing some mapping config here.  Went into LB and tried to set a button to one...no feedback on screen...odd.

I currently use an IPAC2 which I'll have a IPAC Ultimate here in a few days...went this route to LED buttons I purchasd as well as plans for other LED lights.  Hope to hae this issues resolve by arrival so I can hit the ground running.  Been doing the EMU/ROM thing...but nearing the end of that task...#NeedToPlay.

Thanks