LaunchBox Community Forums

Project64 Emualtion Started

shady8knight

On 21/4/2018 at 8:56 PM, Lordmonkus said:

I don't recall ever seeing that with PJ64 but then again it's been a very long time since I really used it so I don't know if any of these settings affect it or not.

2018-04-21 14_55_18-Settings.png

2018-04-21 14_55_23-Settings.png

thank you for answering, those options doesn't solve the problme, i've yet tried all of them. however thanks

A quick google on it turns this up:

To remove the "Emulation Started" that pops up, go to the folder where you installed Project 64. Inside the "Lang" folder right click the "English.pj" file and open it in notepad. (Unless you're using a different language). Towards the bottom of the text, change the line that says:

"Emulation Started"
to
" "

and save it.

If you still get a blue box with the time when you load a rom, switch the graphics plugin to Glide64 so you can uncheck the option to show the time under Configure Graphics Plugin. I did this and switched back to Jabo's plugin. The time and blue box stayed gone even though Jabo's configuration didn't have an option for it. Figured I'd post this in case anyone was googling the heck out of this like me

2 hours ago, ckp said:

A quick google on it turns this up:

To remove the "Emulation Started" that pops up, go to the folder where you installed Project 64. Inside the "Lang" folder right click the "English.pj" file and open it in notepad. (Unless you're using a different language). Towards the bottom of the text, change the line that says:

"Emulation Started"
to
" "

and save it.

If you still get a blue box with the time when you load a rom, switch the graphics plugin to Glide64 so you can uncheck the option to show the time under Configure Graphics Plugin. I did this and switched back to Jabo's plugin. The time and blue box stayed gone even though Jabo's configuration didn't have an option for it. Figured I'd post this in case anyone was googling the heck out of this like me

I found it on google and tryed yet before to post but it doesn't work. If i remove the written inside the quotes and save the file you can't select anymore that language in the p64 language menù, it disappears. Treid even whit the time options for the other plugin but they were unchecked yet..... thanks however for the answer.

i'm really going out of mind.... p64 works better for arcade stick config and some game but with one video plugin for some and the other one for others, m64p works better with other games. star wars rogue squadron doesn't run good with any configuration i tried in both the emulators. i have the cabinet almost ready, the last console to set up is just n64, really don't know how get out of this problem to make all n64 game works fine on my cabinet...... any suggestion guys?

I used to have multiple emulators running N64 games. I used the Parallel core in RetroArch, PJ64 1.6 and PJ64 2.3 and a little bit of 1964. After trying Mupen and testing it extensively, I found it ran everything I chucked at it including Stunt Racer 64 which I have never been able to get any other emulator to run. Never played it before until I tried Mupen. Mickey Mouse Racing wouldn't open in RetroArch but Mupen runs it. Rogue Squadron runs fine in Mupen as well on my i5-2500k.

I'm a big fan now. You probably didn't notice :P

Edited by JamesBond@ge

20 hours ago, JamesBond@ge said:

I used to have multiple emulators running N64 games. I used the Parallel core in RetroArch, PJ64 1.6 and PJ64 2.3 and a little bit of 1964. After trying Mupen and testing it extensively, I found it ran everything I chucked at it including Stunt Racer 64 which I have never been able to get any other emulator to run. Never played it before until I tried Mupen. Mickey Mouse Racing wouldn't open in RetroArch but Mupen runs it. Rogue Squadron runs fine in Mupen as well on my i5-2500k.

I'm a big fan now. You probably didn't notice :P

So you use mupen to run all the games? wich version of mupen exactly? Thank you :-)