LaunchBox Community Forums

Pinball fx3 individually tables

slashguns04

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, slashguns04 said:

without the zen code can I start the individual tables in the launchbox?

Not in Pinball FX3. The code is what will allow cabinet mode in PinballFX3 which lets individual tables get launched. 

In Pinball FX2 it was possible as there was an older version that it could be done with. However, an udpated version of Pinball FX2 that got released did require a code. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I have been trying all different combinations of the steps above and still no go.  When I launch the tables from launchbox it just goes into the pinball fx3 main menu.  Is there something in have to do in pinball fx3 before I can use in in launchbox from the command line?  I mean besides putting in my PAC code?

1 hour ago, Policia Malo said:

I have been trying all different combinations of the steps above and still no go.  When I launch the tables from launchbox it just goes into the pinball fx3 main menu.  Is there something in have to do in pinball fx3 before I can use in in launchbox from the command line?  I mean besides putting in my PAC code?

Did you confirm in Pinball FX3 directly that your cabinet support code works? Outside of Launchbox if you launch Pinball FX3 does the menu options for cabinet support work? 

The steps linked is really all it takes. Unless Steam changed something in their version. I use the version from Microsoft store and not Steam so no issues here. 

Hey Policia, I also have the same issue. I asked for my code from Zen about a week ago. After waiting a couple days, they had an issue where the cabinet button wasn't even showing up in-game. My guess is they've been patching holes after the recent Bally Williams DLC. I also noticed the DMD vertical positioning is non-functional. Hopefully these and other issues will be patch up soon. Maybe shoot them an email just to let them know. They seem to have a very active support team. As a side note, maybe I'm just just inexperience with Launch Box, but it would be great if the metadata grabber was better at utilizing PinballX tools/ default setups. I found the best way for me to get my Virtual Pinball cabinet built is with a VPX shortcut running through Big Box, but that lacks the simplicity and elegance of going through a single menu system with a single control scheme. I know it's possible to do remapping, but it would be amazing if this could be looked at in the near future.