LaunchBox Community Forums

Setting up Pinball FX3 to launch directly into tables

HapHzrd

I didn't see a post directly about this, so I thought I would share.  After a bit of research, I finally got Pinball FX3 setup in LaunchBox as individual tables.

1. Setup an emulator for Pinball FX3:

• Set the Emulator Application Path to wherever your "Steam.exe" is.  Do this instead of pointing it "Pinball FX3.exe".
  • For Default Command-Line Parameters add "-applaunch 442120 -table_".
  • Select Don't use quotes.
  • Select No space before ROM.
  • Select Use file name only without file extension.
  • Make sure the Sample Command shows up as "Steam.exe -applaunch 442120 -table_File".  Like this:

Pinball.thumb.JPG.2d2217e87963a3b2f3ffffa5f35dc4e1.JPG2. I also like to set a "Pinball FX" Platform with a Platform Category.

3. Then just import the ".pxp" files from the Pinball FX3 Steam directory as individual ROMs.  Make sure to Use the files in their current location option.

That should do it.  Hope that helps.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3
  • Unusual Gem 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
1 hour ago, Policia Malo said:

I just took a picture with my screen showing launchbox and the arcade controller in front of it did not even rotate it.

Just know that they keep bankers hours Mon through Fri and I don't think they are in America.  I got a message at 3am est.

I have now posted photos of my 2 Samsung 27 inch monitors are waiting for an answer

01.png

02.png

• 3 months later...
On 10/8/2018 at 8:15 PM, Policia Malo said:

I am following these instructions with the latest version of Pinball FX3 Steam Version and it just launches into the main game menu not loading a table.

I did request and put in the code from Pinball FX (PAC Code)

Maybe something has changed in the newest versions?

Yeah I'm having that same issue.. did you get it fixed somehow?

On 6/6/2018 at 4:18 PM, Jay1984 said:

i used this but altered it to "Pinballfx3.exe -applaunch 442120 -table_File "

this worked for the microsoft store version. (with cabinet code)

many thanks

I have it loading the same way but it wont go into the table directly, just to the main menu, is there something else you had to do to get it to load right to that table?

On 2/5/2019 at 1:02 PM, rellikfolla said:

I have it loading the same way but it wont go into the table directly, just to the main menu, is there something else you had to do to get it to load right to that table?

In Launchbox go to Tools>Manage emulators and edit your Pinball FX3 set-up. In the main window make sure you have the box for "No Space Before Rom (primarily for NullDC)" checked. In the steps above all 3 boxes are checked, but I think you only need the one I mentioned and the "Use file name" one. 

The steps in the original post work for the non-Steam version as well. Just add the PinballFX3.exe instead of Steam in your emulator set-up. Launching direclty into a table requires the "Cabinet" code from Zen Studios.

Screen Shot 2020-06-29 at 7.46.59 AM.png

14 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

In Launchbox go to Tools>Manage emulators and edit your Pinball FX3 set-up. In the main window make sure you have the box for "No Space Before Rom (primarily for NullDC)" checked. In the steps above all 3 boxes are checked, but I think you only need the one I mentioned and the "Use file name" one. 

hmm, I tried that, and it looks like you tried to upload a screenshot but the link is broken, cant view it.  Also, is there a way to hide the mouse cursor in game?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Set the Emulator Application Path to wherever your "Steam.exe"  or  "Pinball FX3.exe" is.
  • For Default Command-Line Parameters add "-applaunch 442120 -table_".
  • Select Don't use quotes.
  • Select No space before ROM.
  • Select Use file name only without file extension.
  • Make sure the Sample Command shows up as Steam.exe -applaunch 442120 -table_File or  Pinball FX3.exe -applaunch 442120 -table_File Like this:

YOU MUST HAVE CABINET MOD ENABLED !!!!!!!!

• Thanks 1

On 2/5/2019 at 2:13 PM, rellikfolla said:

hmm, I tried that, and it looks like you tried to upload a screenshot but the link is broken, cant view it.  Also, is there a way to hide the mouse cursor in game?

I know you said you have the code. Is there any chance you tried 2 different codes on the same machine? I had an issue before and it turned out trying two codes on the same machine was the problem. Zen Studios had me remove everything and reinstall then use the original code. It worked, maybe something went corrupt. That was well over a year ago though. So with newer versions of PBFX that may not be an issue.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...