Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums
Romfrosk

Romfrosk's EmuHeaven

Recommended Posts

So it's my turn to try this amazing suite of software.

Will update with replies below, and update the total stats in the main post :)
I'm a "hoarder" as you may see, and i'm trying to get as many systems as possible to work in Launchbox
If you have any tips for the more "obscure" systems out there, please let me know.


Imported Systems: 252 (+2)
Imported Games: 104.540 (+1597)

Fully Working: 124 (+18)
Semi Working: 33 (-4) [Missing Controls or no autoload]
Barely Working: 29(-9) [Missing Commands to start games]
Not Working: 67 (+5)
Missing: 3 (--)

Total Storage: 6,93TB (100 GB) 
Total Systems in ROM Folders: 238 (--)
Planned Systems: 256 (-2)

Fully Working - Games start, and able to play
Semi Working - Games start but not able to find the controls easily
Barely Working - Machine starts, but don't know how to start games
Not Working - Can't find working emulator
 

Updated: 27.05.2018
Focused on getting more systems to work.
Added missing ExoDOS collection
Added OpenBOR and Bandai Pippin

 

P.S: If anyone knows how to start the systems i've marked "Missing Commands", Please let me know
They are mostly BASIC ones

P.S 2: I have the Full set of MAME ROMs v 0.197, in case someone have issues using the commands i have used in mame :)
 

SystemStatus.xlsx

Edited by Romfrosk
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So a small update after a weekend of working with my setup :)
I have removed a couple of systems from my planned list as they included few and "not interesting" games
Mainly spent time on getting newer MAME roms, getting new emulators to work, and get fullsets for some uncomplete systems

Imported Systems: 100
Working Systems: 65
Total Games: 60k
Planned Systems Total: 110

Edited by Romfrosk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m a bit of a digital hoarder myself so can understand your endeavour(s). I’m at about 55k games but only taking up about 2.8TB. You must have some large libraries of the more semi-modern consoles as opposed to old computers etc?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My mistake, i totally forgot about another game folder which was massive.
I have corrected the stats above with my new data, as i also added some new systems.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some tips for obscure systems where there always will be more to add:

Android games via Nox Emulator

Java games(pre android phones games) via FreeJ2ME.

Windows games ( aaa titles, including endless indie games)

Flash games (Internett browser  2d games)

Unity web player games.  (Internett browser 3d games)

OpenBor games

MUGEN games

Pinball FX tables

 

 

 

 

Edited by gamerboii

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks gamerboii :)

Today i've been importing more of the planned systems, and mostly cleaned up my romsets.
Either by getting zipped versions or download more complete sets.

MAME 0.197 released today and i got my setup up to date there as well.

tonight i'll be trying to get more systems working :)

Imported Systems: 131
Imported Games: 75.361
Working Systems: 81

Systems missing: 
Sega Model 1
Magnavox Odyssey
Interton VC 4000
Game Wave Family Entertainment System
Taito Type X (and others)
Sega ST-V

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like all my systems from A -> Co are gone from my launchbox.
Will troubleshoot some before i recover from backups. or reimport.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Check out Colpipes's collection, he's got quite a few systems working. I am aiming to have a large set of systems too :) However I'm trying to focus on the media aspect of things too, making sure all the games have box art, manuals etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dan said:

However I'm trying to focus on the media aspect of things too, making sure all the games have box art, manuals etc.

Yes I am also trying to fill gaps. It’s a painful endeavour but will be well worth the effort in the end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been looking at Colpipe, and will try to get more and more systems running.

These last few days have been more "cleaning" and getting down all known "No-Intro" or "TOSEC" packs out there.
After reimporting some systems with strange errors, i will start getting more systems up and running.

I see that both MAME and RetroArch can get most up and running. but i need to find specifics for the rest.
I'm filling out a spreadsheet as i go, and will upload that to the main post soon
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Romfrosk said:

I have been looking at Colpipe, and will try to get more and more systems running.

These last few days have been more "cleaning" and getting down all known "No-Intro" or "TOSEC" packs out there.
After reimporting some systems with strange errors, i will start getting more systems up and running.

I see that both MAME and RetroArch can get most up and running. but i need to find specifics for the rest.
I'm filling out a spreadsheet as i go, and will upload that to the main post soon

That is exactly what I do to keep track of mine. I have attached it so you can see how I layout mine. There is more information I could put on it but have kept it pretty simple for now. I will look forward to seeing your progress.

My Systems.xlsx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i Loved your list :) mine is mostly the same actually :)
I see you have split it into languages, i might do that too when i get the systems running :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Romfrosk said:

i Loved your list :) mine is mostly the same actually :)
I see you have split it into languages, i might do that too when i get the systems running :)

Thanks, I thought yours might be of a relatively similar nature. Yes I enjoy setting up some of my systems into regions etc. I normally have a full U.S. set then put the exclusives for Europe and Japan separate into their own platform. Then I make their own clear platform logos and Viking's Nostalgia style videos for each. It is incredibly time consuming but good fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Dane said:

Thanks, I thought yours might be of a relatively similar nature. Yes I enjoy setting up some of my systems into regions etc. I normally have a full U.S. set then put the exclusives for Europe and Japan separate into their own platform. Then I make their own clear platform logos and Viking's Nostalgia style videos for each. It is incredibly time consuming but good fun.

Calling it a day for now :)
Got an additional 11 systems working. and imported quite a few new ones.
Also have 70 new systems ready for import.

Also downloaded Colpipes awesome pack, so that i could use his artwork :)

Added a spreadsheet myself to the original post

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Romfrosk said:

Added a spreadsheet myself to the original post

I know it certainly is not everyone's cup of tea to have that much, but holy snappin' duck shit color me impressed. I thought I had a lot but mine is pretty small in comparison. I enjoyed looking through your spreadsheet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great spreadsheet Romfrosk. May I ask;

- what does "ready" and "imported" mean under the system status column?

- why do many columns have the "emulator" entry missing?

- how did you get the Apple IIGS working with MAME?

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Dan said:

Great spreadsheet Romfrosk. May I ask;

- what does "ready" and "imported" mean under the system status column?

- why do many columns have the "emulator" entry missing?

- how did you get the Apple IIGS working with MAME?

Thanks!

Ready: Roms downloaded and ready to be imported into Launchbox
Imported: Files imported into Launchbox

If there is no markings under Emulator, it just means i havent started to set up an emulator yet, or i have not found a working one.I have created a "Dummy Emulator" for import purposes. which is really just RetroArch with no systems.

I have used the following command line for MAME for Apple IIGS which started those i tested
<CommandLine>apple2gs -flop3</CommandLine>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see you have the Infocom Collection. If you get the Z-Machine working please share as it seems like a complete bastard to get going.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Romfrosk said:

I have used the following command line for MAME for Apple IIGS which started those i tested
<CommandLine>apple2gs -flop3</CommandLine>

So you just imported the Apple IIGS ROMS with MAME set as emulator and with "apple2gs -flop3 " set in the "default command line parameters" under the Apple IIGS "associated platorm" for the emulator? I tried that, but when I try and open a game in LB, the pointer just changes to a sand timer for a few seconds and then back again; MAME/the game doesn't load.

Also - "number of ROMs" would be a great column to have in your table.

And - what is the "how" platform in your table (at the top)?

Edited by Dan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Dan said:

So you just imported the Apple IIGS ROMS with MAME set as emulator and with "apple2gs -flop3 " set in the "default command line parameters" under the Apple IIGS "associated platorm" for the emulator? I tried that, but when I try and open a game in LB, the pointer just changes to a sand timer for a few seconds and then back again; MAME/the game doesn't load.

What file extension are your Apple IIGS roms? I use the same command line and my Apple IIGS games open perfectly in MAME. Check your file type then see what command you will need here then here.

Edited by Dane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...