LaunchBox Community Forums

commodore amiga help

Kmetz7547

for commodore amiga, im getting a floppy disk image when loading games and an error stating that ipf support (capsimg) plugin not installed.... i downloaded this plugin and put it in the plugin folder but still wont work. .. has anyone encountered this?

Well if you are gonna get any help you are going to at least gonna give some more info like which emulator specifically you are using ? And have you checked the documentation and forums for help with that specific emulator ?

Personally I use FS-UAE and WHDLoad images for Amiga emulation, this is the most simple to setup and get running. @Zombeaver did a great tutorial video for it here: 

I don't know about FS-UAE but with WinUAE the capsimg.dll goes in the emulator parent folder, not the plugins folder.

WHDLoad is the better route to go down though, IPFs are great but remember if the game has off disk copy protection you''ll be having to look up codes in the manual.