LaunchBox Community Forums

Connecting to another computer through network.

DerHof2007

I know this isn't LB related so sorry if I shouldn't have posted this in this particular forum.
Move is necessary... if you are going to delete please let me know :-)

I want to access my arcade cabinet PC from my main PC and vice versa.

When I try to access either way I get this popupnetwork.PNG.acf94f59650352c9183a1b0c467dd8b4.PNG

I have no idea what it is looking for here???
I've never set up passwords for this...
I tried my network password... but wouldn't know what 'user' to use?

Any idea how I can access between these two?
I can access my NAS from both PC's but not each other.

If it matters my PC is hardwired and my cabinet is wireless.

Ok, that gave me an idea....

I just added a password to my login.
That worked.

From what I just saw I don't think you can access between computers like this if they don't use a password.

>>>>we posted at the same time... yeah, I just tried the login name without the password and the new error that popped up is what prompted me to go make a password.

Weird that that is necessary.

Edited by DerHof2007

yeah networking between computers requires a password. If you are using Windows 7 which it looks like you are it requires the pc name to be different for each PC on PC's running Windows 8 and up you can log into all your PCs using the same Microsoft Account unless you for go using one and set up a local account.

You can share folders without a username and password, but that means you will have to "turn off password protected sharing". what i like to do is just create the same exact username and password on all my machines and make them all administrator users, then you don't get prompted to enter a username and password.