LaunchBox Community Forums

Background music scrape?

kiddanplay

So i had some M4A files in my "background" folder under music. I decided i wanted to switch things up and deleted those files out and put some new M4A files in and for some reason Bigbox is still playing the old M4A files. Is there anyway to force refresh the background music folder so it picks up the new music?

This is also happening with my startup video as well... I have downloaded another startup video put it in the videos section deleted out my old "startup.mp4" and it is still showing the old video...im guessing there is some type of scraping that i need to do for both of these issues?

latest stable build 8.2 ... whats crazy is the original music that was in there i have completely deleted from my computer along with the original startup video and for some reason they are still playing

(dont judge the music... im trying to rickroll someone lol!)

image.thumb.png.7bc7f3f55618b8a21e8392dfbf839dc1.pngNamed Startup.mp4

image.thumb.png.6523d763b6f2674309cef5c02b56175e.png

:D

That is a bit odd. Try unchecking the startup splashcreen and background music boxes in your BigBox settings, close BigBox, restart and make sure none of it plays. Then check those boxes to activate them and restart and see what happens.

Also in case you are not aware if you make a folder in your videos folder named Startup you can place multiple startup videos in there and BigBox will play a different one each start up. They can have any name you want BigBox just looks in that folder. 

so i went in disabled everything, created a folder, restarted my computer, went back into big box. Same startup video played (even when disabled and removed from my system) but background music didnt play...I enabled background music and went back to platform level and boom the same background music (which is no longer on my comp) started playing again

I'm half tempted to do a complete uninstall and reinstall of LB at this point. I just dont know what the easiest way of doing that is without losing all my artwork and themes and everything...

WHOAAAAA ok i found something!... ok so on my desktop i have two icons LB and BB both set to run as admin...In the LB root folder i also have LB and BB icons as well. When i use the BB icon on my desktop to launch the program it is caching and using the previous videos and music...when i use the BB icon in the root folder of LB it is using the new video and music... only difference the ones on my desktop are set to run as admin ... so i deleted the ones on my desktop and dragged out the two icons from my root folder only problem is they wont let me start them without running them as admin. Ok thats cool so i default both of them to run as admin for all users and then i get the following windows below and no matter what i do i cant launch either LB or BB...BUT if i go back to the root folder i can launch with no problem. So for some reason something funky is happening on my end where if i put the icons on the desktop they wont work for some reason 

image.png.836b5a5f24c425cccb4d5bb4466a78a5.png

image.thumb.png.97208dfe45a52d32aa843bb4e8542bd8.png

I don't know what you've done but you shouldn't need to run LB/BB as admin and actually doing so can create other issues with programs that work in conjunction with LB I would try making another install and then just copy over your license, images, video, music, manuals and data folders to the new install. Where are you installing LB? Its been known to cause permission issues if it is installed in the program files folder if by some chance that is where you installed it to.

Makes sense. I have it installed on an 8tb external. So i think i fingered out what i was doing like an idiot. I just clicked and dragged the icons to my desktop and it was causing problems but if i physically right click the LB and BB icons in the actual LB folder and create a shortcut then move those shortcuts to the desk top now everything functions just fine. Something about clicking and dragging the icon to create a copy on my desktop was causing issues...im back up and running now... i was wondering why this whole time some of the small changes i made i could never see...well, now i see everything and its B E A UTIFUL! lol... 

for the record...i was previously having issues with it doing as you said when i would launch LB it would require elevation so i ran as admin and that problem went away...but yeah deleting those icons from my desktop and creating proper shortcuts from the root files and putting those on my desktop have solved my issue now my startup videos are working proper music is work...infact i was rick rolled as soon as i started up my system lol