LaunchBox Community Forums

I really need some help with the Handy emulator.

ModerateNOOB

First of all, Sorry for double posting my issue (Also made a post in the NOOB thread)

I have everything set up with launchbox, Imported all my Lynx roms to use with the Handy emulator (+ the bios), I can launch Handy from Launchbox without any issues, But when i try to load a rom i get the message "The image you selected was not a recognised game cartridge format (See the Handy user guide for more information), All my roms have the extension lnx, But none of my 25 Lynx roms will boot.

Sorry again for making another post, But im completely lost.

12 minutes ago, Lordmonkus said:

I deleted the other thread since it was a double.

Unfortunately I can't help you with Handy, I use Steem for my ST emulation and even that is funky and annoying but it was the best I could figure out.

Thanks for replying anyway.

Im using Hatari for emulating ST games (With a success rate of 20%), Do you have more luck with Steem.

maybe i should give it a go?

14 minutes ago, Lordmonkus said:

Aww shit, should have double checked, was thinking Handy was for the ST but it's for the Lynx.

I use Retroach with the Handy core for Lynx.

So you use Retroarch with Handy's core, And launch it with Launchbox.

Are Retroarch good at handling the emulation of Lynx?.

8 minutes ago, Lordmonkus said:

Yeah it seems reasonably good from the little bit I have tried it out.

Allrighty then, Seems there's a lot for me to learn as true as my name is EmuNOOB.

i actually had Retroarch installed before i decided to use Launchbox, But for some reason it took Retroarch between 5-10 minutes to boot. Tried setting it to high priority, but it took ages to show up.

It's really annoying, Just installed Retroarch again and it does the exact same thing (Goes idle for more than 5 minutes).

I might very well be doing this on my laptop, But my laptop is a thick brick with a 6700k cpu and 2 1080 gpu's in SLI, It can run Super mario galaxy and Wii u games at full speed, But for some reason not Retroarch?

Launchbox takes 3 seconds to launch hmm.