LaunchBox Community Forums

Theme Spacing not working at all

klownk

• 1 month later...

@klownk Already spoke with you on Bitbucket about this here: https://bitbucket.org/jasondavidcarr/launchbox/issues/4431/vertical-spacing-not-working

I will be allowing for larger aspect ratios at some point here soon, which will solve your problem. It seems that you're not understanding the concept of how aspect ratio works in LaunchBox. Regardless, I get it. You don't need to keep ranting about it.

The aspect ratio change the size of the picture. This is normal?

It seems that you're not understanding the concept of how aspect ratio works in LaunchBox

I really didn't know there are multiple concepts of aspect ratio... That's true.

Edited by klownk

Same here. Even i point out several times in Beta section only answer i was getting was change your aspect ratio.

That i have this view in original Launchbox.

01.thumb.jpg.997efcd32f9782a3bd5aa6bfe58fc00e.jpg

And now i have this with same options in Next.

02.thumb.jpg.d0c3b221484be9628f1ed619a6ca73ac.jpg

Answer is change your aspect ratio. Dont know how bigger aspect ratio will help us because pictures get bigger and bigger.

And one more thing. This is welcome selection screen. Yes i cant see options at all.

03.thumb.jpg.7d596b1dab366842a58d4279cad28a4f.jpg

Looks fine to me, the ratio slider will make boxes wider than they are tall which is what you want as you are using steam  banners which are a strange size.1579361943_Screenshot(17).thumb.png.5d0dde16ab2c129fc9bd9d69256b5b3c.pngThat welcome screen missing the confirm buttons looks like  it may be a resolution issue, are you running a strange or low resolution or windows scaling? 

The resolution of the screen that display Launchbox for me is 2560x1080. It's not low and it's not very unusual.
But apparently it works fine with you. Could you be more specific with your parameters, please? I guess it's not by default.

2 minutes ago, klownk said:

The resolution of the screen that display Launchbox for me is 2560x1080. It's not low and it's not very unusual.
But apparently it works fine with you. Could you be more specific with your parameters, please? I guess it's not by default.

Well 2560x1080 is a ultrawide resolution and that is actually not that common at all, so there may be a issue with ultrawide resolution but i honestly dont know there. I am using a 4K screen so my res is 3840x2160 and i am using 125% windows scaling. I dont use steam banners normally but i did go in and change them to the image you see above. All i did was max out the aspect ratio slider, and use the image zoom slider at the bottom of the next window to make them smaller.

Well, I can answer that I don't understand the link between my resolution and an application that's launch in a window and not in fullscreen. As you can see, you can resize the window, nothing change.1514405930_2018-08-1515_46_38-.thumb.jpg.ce76ff0b28547601804e2ffff381e8cd.jpg

Edited by klownk

29 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Looks fine to me, the ratio slider will make boxes wider than they are tall which is what you want as you are using steam  banners which are a strange size.1579361943_Screenshot(17).thumb.png.5d0dde16ab2c129fc9bd9d69256b5b3c.pngThat welcome screen missing the confirm buttons looks like  it may be a resolution issue, are you running a strange or low resolution or windows scaling? 

i am running 1920x1080 (max what i get from my laptop) resolution on 150% scaling. (very huge tv) , some games give me wrong scaling issue but simple scaling compatibility in windows fix it. i agree steam banners are weird ones but in original Launchbox they are fine.  I have aspect ratio max out but is i say just images got bigger. And as you can see zoom slider is at minimal value.

2 minutes ago, PattersonCZ said:

i am running 1920x1080 (max what i get from my laptop) resolution on 150% scaling. (very huge tv) , some games give me wrong scaling issue but simple scaling compatibility in windows fix it. i agree steam banners are weird ones but in original Launchbox they are fine.  I have aspect ratio max out but is i say just images got bigger. And as you can see zoom slider is at minimal value.

Yeah im certainly no coder so take this with a grain of salt, but i do wonder if its related to res and/or scaling. The reason why it is different to OG LB though is because its a completely different codebase (which is why the switch is being made as it will allow new features to be implemented more easily than the old codebase). I have passed these posts on to Jason, although of course he is already aware of them as he posted in here already.

20 minutes ago, klownk said:

Well, I can answer that I don't understand the link between my resolution and an application that's launch in a window and not in fullscreen. As you can see, you can resize the window, nothing change.1514405930_2018-08-1515_46_38-.thumb.jpg.ce76ff0b28547601804e2ffff381e8cd.jpg

Try right clicking the .exe and going to properties/compatibility tab, click the change high DPI settings box, and check the second box there specifying the application controls scaling.

image.thumb.png.4fe1e3758f85d6e99e9b647f1409b2cf.png

1 minute ago, PattersonCZ said:

Yes i think it has to be some scaling issues but when me or @klownk or somebody else point it out we just get change your aspect ratio.

That is likely because when Jason does that on his system it works as expected, much like the image i posted above where it works fine for me by changing the aspect ratio. So yeah i suspect a res/scaling issue, but things like this will have to be troubleshot by Jason and then if he finds the issue implemented. Unfortunately i expect its not a simple issue that you can just flick a switch in the code to make it work. So a little patience while he looks into it will be appreciated. :) 

Try right clicking the .exe and going to properties/compatibility tab, click the change high DPI settings box, and check the second box there specifying the application controls scaling.

That's not working at all.

The main problem for me, it's that it does not display steam banner pictures with the same gap horizontally and vertically, which is very disappointing because the feature says : "custom spacing"...
And apparently, it's the same thing for everyone.

Edited by klownk

3 minutes ago, klownk said:

And apparently, it's the same thing for everyone.

No, its not the same thing for everyone, thats my point. Unfortunately there are 2 of you in this thread experiencing this issue, 2 out of our entire userbase is a fraction of a fraction of a percent. As i demonstrated with the image i posted it works just fine for me, so no not the same for everyone at all. Also as i said it will be investigated, just give us some time to do so.