LaunchBox Community Forums

Mesen emulator internal resolution problem?

ModerateNOOB

Hi everyone.

I just downloaded the newest version of mesen because i read it was the best and most accurate emulator out there (Better than FCEUX).

But i'm having problems getting the internal resolution to fit my notebooks 17:3 inch screen which is a high dpi 3840x2160 resolution screen. I tried to override the dpi settings in the mesen.exe application under compatibility (But that didn't change anything)), Tried all the video aspect settings in the emulator but i can't get it to fill out a normal 1920x1080 (16:9) format.

I could really use a little help here.

Thanks and regards.

1 hour ago, EmuNOOB said:

Hi everyone.

I just downloaded the newest version of mesen because i read it was the best and most accurate emulator out there (Better than FCEUX).

But i'm having problems getting the internal resolution to fit my notebooks 17:3 inch screen which is a high dpi 3840x2160 resolution screen. I tried to override the dpi settings in the mesen.exe application under compatibility (But that didn't change anything)), Tried all the video aspect settings in the emulator but i can't get it to fill out a normal 1920x1080 (16:9) format.

I could really use a little help here.

Thanks and regards.

I havent used the standalone MESSEN only the Retroarch core, but you say you want "to fill out a normal 1920x1080 16:9 format" but that obviously isnt the normal format as its nes and is 4:3. Im not sure if MESSEN allows you to stretch it or not, it can be done in retroarch. However those nes games will look pretty bad stretched to 16:9 on a 4K screen in my opinion.

10 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

I havent used the standalone MESSEN only the Retroarch core, but you say you want "to fill out a normal 1920x1080 16:9 format" but that obviously isnt the normal format as its nes and is 4:3. Im not sure if MESSEN allows you to stretch it or not, it can be done in retroarch. However those nes games will look pretty bad stretched to 16:9 on a 4K screen in my opinion.

Hi and thank's for answering.

I guess i'm just used to get internal resolution in fullscreen when using FCEUX, And with the video filters that comes with Mesen it will not be that bad i'll guess.

It will not be anazing but still pretty decent, Too bad it's not implemented in Mesen.

Will Retroarch work just as good as Mesen?, And are the ines mapping just as good? (That's why i replaced it with FCEUX).

Regards.

24 minutes ago, Lordmonkus said:

Sour, the author of Mesen keeps the core up to date with the stand alone version.

As for your 16:9 issue did you try setting it in your video settings in Mesen ?55850155_2018-06-2514_32_37-Mesen-MegaMan(USA).thumb.png.69d87f97c77085e19823eb2d4a2e75e0.png

Yes i did, But i solved it by contacting him on github.

Apparently i was the 3rd person this week with this issue, So he made a fix for 4K displays and now it's almost fullscreen (I can live with that) :)

But now i have adifferent issue, When i start the emulator it's in some kind of frozen mode and needs me to double click in the window before it wakes up.

I also get some some error messages from Mesen itself?, But hey!! it works.

Ha ha ha i almost forgot my 2nd question which no one has answered yet!!, Is there some way i can configure lunchbox to show the full name of my games  (If the names are to long it just ......).

Or do i need to use the "Show details" option.

Regards.

1 minute ago, EmuNOOB said:

Is there some way i can configure lunchbox to show the full name of my games  (If the names are to long it just ......).

Or do i need to use the "Show details" option.

Just the Show Details as far as im aware.

3 minutes ago, EmuNOOB said:

But now i have adifferent issue, When i start the emulator it's in some kind of frozen mode and needs me to double click in the window before it wakes up.

Set your command like parameter to the following:

%romfile% -fullscreen

26 minutes ago, Lordmonkus said:

Just the Show Details as far as im aware.

Set your command like parameter to the following:

%romfile% -fullscreen

Thank's a lot, That did the job.

Still getting error messages though.

Do you have any idea what this means? (attached the error report).Capture.thumb.PNG.d3f522f3ce797de1a8e2af22a28b41c7.PNG