LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox takes quite a while saving a single rom (Nintendo size)

ModerateNOOB

Hi.

Just wanted to ask if it's normal for Lunchbox to use 2 minutes on saving a single tiny rom?, Importing the rom is quick but saving it is very slow.

Sorry but i'm very nit-picky and i have 1200 roms to test including japanese roms, Finding translations for them and translate each name to English, Test duplicates if they're the same, Deleting duplicates and so on.

With saving so slow it will take way to much time.

Your first import every day might take some time since the database updates everyday and LB has to update it on import. After that first import though it shouldn't take too long at all unless you are downloading all the media files and run into a particularly large one or the LB or EmuMovies database server is having a senior moment.

Allright I might be downloading to much metadata?, I don't downlad emumovies cause it will suck up to much storage on my external HDD (I should probably buy one on 12TB in the nearest future)

BTW i'm also experiencing that Launchbox won't recognise a lot of the images it downloads as game covers when i try to add those manually. Mostly i have to make a homemade cover and add it myself before it shows up.

Regards.

Usually the biggest downloads (aside from videos) tends to be the fan art.

2 minutes ago, EmuNOOB said:

BTW i'm also experiencing that Launchbox won't recognise a lot of the images it downloads as game covers when i try to add those manually.

This statement is a bit weird. Are you talking about images that LD downloads through its scraper or ones you download manually through the internet like Google Images ?

Images downloaded through the scraper should never have a problem in LB but ones you download yourself you will have to rename accordingly.

5 minutes ago, Lordmonkus said:

Usually the biggest downloads (aside from videos) tends to be the fan art.

This statement is a bit weird. Are you talking about images that LD downloads through its scraper or ones you download manually through the internet like Google Images ?

Images downloaded through the scraper should never have a problem in LB but ones you download yourself you will have to rename accordingly.

I don't know, Maybe i'm doing it wrong??

Let's say i add a game folder and emulator + importing images from the database (In this case for Nintendo roms), After importing and saving is done i have about 30% of them with no images.

If i right click on them and select edit there are in many cases already added 1,2,3 or maybe even 5 to 10 different images (but they don't appear in the Launchbox UI), Only if i remove all of them and add my own, It will appear.

When it comes to official roms we recommend people use the No-Intro sets or sensibly named roms with any info that is not part of the game name in brackets.

For example:

Akumajou Densetsu (Japan) [En by Vice v1.0] (~Legend of Demon Castle - Castlevania III).nes

All the info in brackets is ignored by the LB scraper and doesn't interfere with its import.

Rom hacks may or may not be found by the scraper since there very few if any rom hacks in the database.