LaunchBox Community Forums

ePSXe v2.0.5 Portable

KUPOkinz

Can confirm this works flawlessly between builds and different computers. Everything saves inside of the folder itself instead of the Registry. Surprised I wasn't able to find anyone talking about this on here.

https://portableapps.com/node/57297 - also I love this website, they make excellent portable versions of just about everything. Really nice if you switch between OS's and different builds like I do for tech work.

Edited by KUPOkinz

• 1 year later...

For those that are looking, I was finally able to find and get a portable version of ePSXe version 2.0.5 setup.

I found the link located at the source forge website and have confirmed that it is indeed the latest version and works virtually (portable) 
https://sourceforge.net/projects/portable-apps-for-dummies/files/Games/ePSXe Portable/

The bios, memcards, plugins, shaders, sstates, etc. folders need to be pasted to where the help.html and portable executable file is housed.  

If there is anyone out there is trying to get a portable setup up and going, we're one step closer!
Happy gaming!

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
6 minutes ago, totoro said:

Can you please explain how to run games with this? I´ve installed the latest version, but everytime I try to load a bin/cue file it crashes. No problems with the "non"-portable version.

Rather than using a fairly outdated emulator like ePSXe, why not use one of the Retroarch cores or use the DuckStation (stand-alone) emulator? Those are much better emulators and if you have a decent CPU, will give you a much more satisfying experience with Playstation games.

37 minutes ago, bundangdon said:

Rather than using a fairly outdated emulator like ePSXe, why not use one of the Retroarch cores or use the DuckStation (stand-alone) emulator? Those are much better emulators and if you have a decent CPU, will give you a much more satisfying experience with Playstation games.

Because I´m setting up Sinden Lightguns. ePSXe is still recommended for those.