LaunchBox Community Forums

Retroarch multicore default selection question

CDBlue

Hey all,

I've been trying to figure out how to do this, and so far have not been able to come up with a way.  So, I figured I'd check here to see if anyone knows how, or even if, this is possible to do in Lanuchbox.

Here's an example of the scenario in question:

- I have two retroarch cores setup in launchbox for Nintendo 64 - One entry using the mupen64plus_libretro.dll core, and one using the parallel_n64_libretro.dll core.  Now I can right-click on any N64 game and select launch with... and then select whatever core I want to use and it will launch retroarch using the core I told it to... great, how it's supposed to work :)  However, if I want a game to use a certain core as the default emulator, I can't.  All I can do is tell it to use the Retroarch core, and it seems like it just auto-runs the first one on the list (so for the example above, it would always use the mupen64plus core, even if I want it to use the parallel core).

I know there are other ways around this, such as renaming the console then putting in the 2nd core for that newly named console and making it the default etc.  But I don't want to make custom-named consoles.  There are just a handful of games that I find run better, or at all, on the parallel_n64 core instead of the mupen64plus one.  For now, I've removed the entry for the mupen core, since I almost never use that one as I have M64P as my primary emulator anyway, so right now I have just the parallel core for the retroarch entry for Nintendo 64. So, when I select Retroarch as the default emulator, it now uses the parallel core.  But, I like having multiple cores for consoles that do have multi-core support available.

Anyway, tl;dr is there a way to specify which core you want a game to use as a default emulator, when you have 2 or more core entries for a console in Retroarch?

Thx for any assistance,
CDBlue

• 1 year later...

@CDBlue Was that all you added as custom CMD line param? Cause I just tried it and it wouldn't do anything. Does it also require -c for config file or anything else?

Edit: confirmed, you also need -c param .. my custom entry looks like so: -L "cores\mame2010_libretro.dll"   -c "retroarch.cfg"

Edited by silverchair
new founding