LaunchBox Community Forums

Controller too fast when scrolling games in Bigbox

pintris

Hi,

I have configured my Cthulhu controller as a way to use Bigbox. However it is too fast and when i scroll trough the games list it is going down or up or left or right two games at once, sometimes even more. So I cannot correctly select games. It does NOT do this within Launchbox. There up/down/left/right works fine, going only 1 line down when I press down. In bigbox, using my arrow keys on the keyboard or using my xbox controller gamepad works fine too. But for this Cthulhu controller, it has the problem that the selection goes too fast.

Anything that can be done about that?

Thanks

Open LB got to tools>Options. got down to Gamepad/joysticks and uncheck zaxis scrolling and see if it helps if not I'm fresh out of suggestions. (yes I know your issue is in BB I believe this is one of the settings that carries over)

is the controller a D-input controller? X-input? are you emulating x-input with inputmapper or similar? is steam running in the background? I had similar issues with my DS4 and it turns out steam will grab exclusive control of it before Ds4windows gets a chance to put it in exclusive mode. what then happens is that windows sees the controller as both the d input controller and the x input controller so it gets assigned 2 slots for a single controller and produces double inputs. I had to disable steam at startup to fix it.

• 11 months later...

Hi, I'm also trying to set Big Box up with an MC Cthulhu board hooked up to an arcade stick, and I get the exact same thing. Direction presses usually result in moving two spaces, so it's useless. I searched and found two other threads about this, but so far there is no real resolution to the issue. I did exit Steam, and it does the same thing, so it doesn't seem to be a conflict with steam. I'm not running inputmapper or anything like it.

I had an Emulationstation setup on this exact machine with this controller board, and it worked fine, which leads me to believe that there's something wrong with LaunchBox/Big Box's controller implementation. Is there a way to file a bug report? Since this bug has gone unresolved for what seems to be months according to these thread, it doesn't paint a great picture of responsiveness from the developer...

2 hours ago, Zardozer said:

Hi, I'm also trying to set Big Box up with an MC Cthulhu board hooked up to an arcade stick, and I get the exact same thing. Direction presses usually result in moving two spaces, so it's useless. I searched and found two other threads about this, but so far there is no real resolution to the issue. I did exit Steam, and it does the same thing, so it doesn't seem to be a conflict with steam. I'm not running inputmapper or anything like it.

I had an Emulationstation setup on this exact machine with this controller board, and it worked fine, which leads me to believe that there's something wrong with LaunchBox/Big Box's controller implementation. Is there a way to file a bug report? Since this bug has gone unresolved for what seems to be months according to these thread, it doesn't paint a great picture of responsiveness from the developer...

At the top of the forum is a "Help & Support" Menu with a "Report A Bug" feature. 

The responsiveness of the dev for Launchbox is great considering it is just 1 man doing it on his spare time. It is not a big team working full time. He does take things in priority so some items unfortunately have to get pushed down the list. The controller implementation is working for pretty much the vast majority of users, this board does not get mentioned a lot on the forum or discord so it may be why it has not been looked into at this time. It is not affecting very many users. Not discounting your need or issue just applying a little perspective. 

Screen Shot 2019-06-13 at 1.40.47 PM.png