LaunchBox Community Forums

Demul Games doesn't work in Launchbox

ZeroCracker

Hi guys, I have a little problem with Demul in Launchbox.
If I start the games directly with Demul then start without problems. After I want to start but with Launchbox opens a program window for 1-2 seconds and closes immediately (CMD ) . I have no idea what I'm doing wrong I've set everything right
also the checkboxes No space before rom and Use file name only without file extensio n or folder path.

So what am I doing wrong?
soory for my bad english i am from germany ^^

problem.png

emulator settings1.png

emulator settings 2.png

• 8 months later...

I'm having the exact same problem with my screen flashing the same menu then disappearing. Demul works perfect by itself, but once I try launching it from Launchbox I get that mentioned screen. I have done all the proper checks and commands for associated platforms. 

• 5 months later...

having a similar issue myself.  i was able to get naomi, naomi 2 & sammy working fine but cant seem to get GD and GD2 up and running.  the GD & GD2 games load perfectly within demul just not within launchbox.  when i load the games from launchbox, it goes into demul and brings up the list of naomi/naomi2 games for me to select.  watched countless videos, not sure what is off in launchbox.  clearly its the command or parameters just lost on what.  they are setup and mirrored to my naomi/naomi/sammy (which are working).  absolute crazyness.

any thoughts would greatly be appreciated.  all i want is some initial d!

also as a side note, using the most current split version of mame set.  seems like in some older videos (2+ years) it was said that some games in demul need to be ran off a non-merged mame set.  couldn't find anything between now and then saying otherwise.  wanted to try troubleshooting before downloading a whole new mame set.

Edited by bufaton

• 2 years later...
On 8/30/2019 at 10:43 PM, bufaton said:

having a similar issue myself.  i was able to get naomi, naomi 2 & sammy working fine but cant seem to get GD and GD2 up and running.  the GD & GD2 games load perfectly within demul just not within launchbox.  when i load the games from launchbox, it goes into demul and brings up the list of naomi/naomi2 games for me to select.  watched countless videos, not sure what is off in launchbox.  clearly its the command or parameters just lost on what.  they are setup and mirrored to my naomi/naomi/sammy (which are working).  absolute crazyness.

any thoughts would greatly be appreciated.  all i want is some initial d!

also as a side note, using the most current split version of mame set.  seems like in some older videos (2+ years) it was said that some games in demul need to be ran off a non-merged mame set.  couldn't find anything between now and then saying otherwise.  wanted to try troubleshooting before downloading a whole new mame set.

CaptureDC.PNG

this is my setup hope it helps, i have switched to flycast works a lot better these in the retroarch than demul

Edited by shadowfire36