LaunchBox Community Forums

Startup Video - sometimes only sound.. Sometimes works properly

Lilypad

Hi All,

My Bigbox startup video works sometimes...

I always get the sound - but sometimes I get the video and sometimes I don't.

After a machine reboot - I don't think I've ever seen the video... but then I exit BB and restart and I get it...

Any ideas?

thx

That's really weird.  No ideas on that.  But i'll add to this, that my startup vids still do not stop when I press a key, and If they run longer than it normally takes for my launchbox to start, then the video cuts off at that time, and starts launchbox.  So luckily I have found a video that is almost the exact time it takes to start launchbox, so there is no cutting off.  But sometimes I'd like to press a key and just get to launchbox, but I guess it doesn't matter if launchbox still hasn't even loaded underneath it. 

2 minutes ago, damageinc86 said:

But i'll add to this, that my startup vids still do not stop when I press a key, and If they run longer than it normally takes for my launchbox to start, then the video cuts off at that time, and starts launchbox. 

That is how it is supposed to work, if you press a button it will stop the video once Bigbox has loaded.

59 minutes ago, Lilypad said:

I always get the sound - but sometimes I get the video and sometimes I don't.

I see this from time to time also, Jason is aware of it but its proving very tricky to track down thee cause.

The startup videos are using the VLC that comes with the launchbox install just like the platform/game videos inside bigbox, and yeah that certainly is very plausible, but not everyone see's it and it seems to be completely random, so is proving tricky to isolate.

1 hour ago, neil9000 said:

That is how it is supposed to work, if you press a button it will stop the video once Bigbox has loaded.

Button presses have never stopped a video for me.  But the video does cut itself off if it runs past the point when BB would have regularly loaded without a video.  But shouldn't it let the video finish playing even if BB is loaded underneath?