LaunchBox Community Forums

Scummvm database changes

Klopjero

Hi

Recently I've added the name sword25 as alternative title for a game for scummvm.

I'be added this title because some Rom sets use the shortnames as is handled  internally in scummy.  Furthermore emulsies uses the short names to differentiate between videos naps .

So I was thinking of adding all of the shortnames as alternative titles to the games db of scummvm.  

Are there people who oppose this? This will take time.. and i'd hate to put in all the effort just to see it rejected

• 2 weeks later...

Personally I think that would that would be the best place to put shorthand game names like that and something that would definitely be hugely helpful. One of the biggest problems when importing games is that sometimes the GamesDB wants too much of an exact match in order to find a game, a perfect example would be a game with 2 or II in the title. Shorthand file names tend to be harder for the DB to recognize as well; I've run into this with MAME games as well.