LaunchBox Community Forums

Voice Recognition Features

Tony Birt

1 hour ago, Tony Birt said:

@Jason CarrHi Jason, Couple of questions re voice controls.  Is it possible to add an option for the user to create a shortcut key to start listening?, (instead of saying launchbox, computer) etc..
And an option to tweak the confidence level required for commands?, 79 is proving difficult with my accent, thanks

Unfortunately the voice recognition has recently been removed from the program in the last couple of betas due to it not working well with Windows 10. So i believe once the next official release is out which could be late this week, early next, the voice recognition will no longer be a option.

- Stripped out the voice recognition stuff, which seems to be horribly broken in Windows 10 anyways. I don't know why, but it seems like MS has ruined the voice recognition engine, and it seems to be completely worthless these days unfortunately (no matter what I try it just never picks up the correct words). If requested (which I doubt), we may add voice recognition back in at some point, but it never seemed to be a very popular feature anyways. It was also very finicky since it's implementation back in the day.

• 3 weeks later...

Ah dang, just bought into this program. Sad to hear the voice commands are gone, but I suppose it's understandable considering how buggy it seemed to be. I know this thread is old, but for what it's worth I'd love to see it revived in the future when Microsoft makes the backbone of the recognition more stable.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Yeah id hope the voice command feature comes back even if labeled as experimental. It really was a good feature. Lets face it, we probably all have monstrous setups and could use some super lazy JARVIS setup. Yo computer. play "insert random obscure game we cant remember what system its on" .

PS i always feel weird complaining about something here because this program is so amazing. i use it daily and ive been nothing but happy with mostly every new addition. You guys made a great thing here.

• Like 1

Idk if this would be possible. but maybe an app that you can do it from a phone (coupled with viewing the collection. possibly launching them). the framework for ios and android for speech recognition seem solid. Although idk if it works similarly to windows so yeah. maybe thats not feasible

• Like 1