LaunchBox Community Forums

n64 games on retroarch keep crashing.

SCRAPpPpY

so i bought big box and  got a build going, but when i try to play my n64 games they all seem to crash, as  if the pc was taking a load of 100% when it isn't.

i am  running retroarch with mupen64 plus and my pc specs- gtx1070 ti, core i5 8600k.

some games start and crash as soon as something big happens or a video scene, i haven't changed anything other than the resolution but it will still crash.

4 hours ago, SCRAPpPpY said:

so i bought big box and  got a build going, but when i try to play my n64 games they all seem to crash, as  if the pc was taking a load of 100% when it isn't.

i am  running retroarch with mupen64 plus and my pc specs- gtx1070 ti, core i5 8600k.

some games start and crash as soon as something big happens or a video scene, i haven't changed anything other than the resolution but it will still crash.

It works just fine for me with the resolution upscaled to 4K, and i have worse specs than you (i5 3570k and a GTX 1060) so i suspect that something else on your system is causing this issue.

4 hours ago, neil9000 said:

It works just fine for me with the resolution upscaled to 4K, and i have worse specs than you (i5 3570k and a GTX 1060) so i suspect that something else on your system is causing this issue.

hey so i tried deleting retroarch and restarting all over and it would still give me the same problems, green screens and game freezing. 

i downloaded mupen64 solo emulator and project64 the games work fine, so what im gonna do is set up mupen64 emulator to launchbox and see if that solves it.