LaunchBox Community Forums

Best Graphics Card ?

johnnyskullhead

5 hours ago, Lordmonkus said:

Nvidia all the way, AMD cards have garbage OpenGL drivers which potentially causes bugs and performance problems and a lot of emulators use OpenGL.

But I thought all of this vs stuff was just preference, and that there are no true superiors, or betters like those topics I was creating. Isn't that a little biased of you? lol

15 minutes ago, MalachiMaverick said:

But I thought all of this vs stuff was just preference, and that there are no true superiors, or betters like those topics I was creating. Isn't that a little biased of you? lol

If someone wanted to use an AMD card then by all means go right ahead and use it but just know ahead of time that emulators (or games) using OpenGL is more likely to run into issues because of their GL drivers which are proven to be garbage and prone to bugs.

Not biased opinion at all, just pure fact.

Modern PC games or emulators using Direct X or Vulkan though are perfectly fine using AMD because the drivers for those APIs are good.

• 4 months later...