LaunchBox Community Forums

The important part is to know that Custom Fields are Single Value fields, but you can assign multiple fields of the same name to a game at once. Basically that means that you have to add every Steam tag in a separate 'Tags' field.

Regarding the .xml file are Custom Fields added at the end of the respective platform file. Field by field and game by game.

For example it could look like this:

<CustomField>
    <GameID>b9672d53-8441-4f4d-8182-be6d7ccc85cd</GameID>
    <Name>Tags</Name>
    <Value>Female Protagonist</Value>
  </CustomField>
    <CustomField>
    <Name>Tags</Name>
    <Value>Arcade</Value>
  </CustomField>
  <CustomField>
    <Name>Tags</Name>
    <Value>Bullet Hell</Value>
  </CustomField>
  <CustomField>
    <GameID>3f356fb4-a46a-457e-b71e-0d1879a64f92</GameID>
    <Name>Tags</Name>
  </CustomField>
  <CustomField>
    <GameID>20efdc4d-5eab-45ef-b11f-e09c31d588d9</GameID>
    <Name>Tags</Name>
  </CustomField>
</LaunchBox>

In this case you have 3 games were one game has 3 different Tags while the other two games only have a single tag.

1 hour ago, CriticalCid said:

The important part is to know that Custom Fields are Single Value fields, but you can assign multiple fields of the same name to a game at once. Basically that means that you have to add every Steam tag in a separate 'Tags' field.

Regarding the .xml file are Custom Fields added at the end of the respective platform file. Field by field and game by game.

For example it could look like this:

<CustomField>
    <Name>Tags</Name>
    <Value>Female Protagonist</Value>
  </CustomField>
    <CustomField>
    <Name>Tags</Name>
    <Value>Arcade</Value>
  </CustomField>
  <CustomField>
    <Name>Tags</Name>
  </CustomField>
  <CustomField>
    <GameID>3f356fb4-a46a-457e-b71e-0d1879a64f92</GameID>
    <Name>Tags</Name>
  </CustomField>
  <CustomField>
    <GameID>20efdc4d-5eab-45ef-b11f-e09c31d588d9</GameID>
    <Name>Tags</Name>
  </CustomField>
</LaunchBox>

In this case you have 3 games were one game has 3 different Tags while the other two games only have a single tag.

gotcha, so the steam categories and tags should have the name of Tags under Custom fields

@CriticalCid Please test it, I did the fixes, the only thing that was impossible was the double invalid chars together, maybe Jason could fix this on LB side, since I have no idea on how to do it with replace function.

e.g.

If I replace "//" with "__" -- Doesn't work

if I replace "//" with "_" -- It works

But The replace function on C# will replace everything :/

• Like 1

5 hours ago, srxz said:

@CriticalCid Please test it, I did the fixes, the only thing that was impossible was the double invalid chars together, maybe Jason could fix this on LB side, since I have no idea on how to do it with replace function. 

Just returned from a trip. Awesome progress on the plugin. Wouldn't it be possible to change the name of the screenshots to the Steam ID which is the filesname in LB? LB should then accept the screenshots no matter what. It's not the cleanest solution, in terms of the naming of the screenshots but it would be a workaround.

I checked it with a game and it seemed to work. ?

• Thanks 1

I’ve now tested your new version and the two issues that you’ve fixed seem to be solved! :)

Unfortunately do weird store pages like the Back to the Future episodes still cause the plugin to stop. I’ve tested my collection even further (up to the letter D) and found other entries that cause the same problem: the Double Fine Adventure documentary series

https://store.steampowered.com/app/402591/

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CriticalCid said:

I’ve now tested your new version and the two issues that you’ve fixed seem to be solved! :)

Unfortunately do weird store pages like the Back to the Future episodes still cause the plugin to stop. I’ve tested my collection even further (up to the letter D) and found other entries that cause the same problem: the Double Fine Adventure documentary series

https://store.steampowered.com/app/402591/

I believe I forgot to test the back to the future, I will test it and then this one as well. What I can see that this game has no publisher, but shouldn't have a problem with my code.

I will try to fix it asap

1 hour ago, sakt1moko said:

A weird thing...

I made my own steam list on launchbox, adding like the tutorial that Jason did

But the plugin doesnt work with this games, it works with my other consoles games, but no with these...

Could you elaborate a little bit more? It throws an error or what?

5 hours ago, srxz said:

Could you elaborate a little bit more? It throws an error or what?

Sorry, but English not my thing

When I use the plugin with any of my games, it works perfectly fine.

In the steam game list (added like the youtube video) it doesnt appear. I push the button but nothing happens

On 11/2/2018 at 3:06 AM, sakt1moko said:

Sorry, but English not my thing

When I use the plugin with any of my games, it works perfectly fine.

In the steam game list (added like the youtube video) it doesnt appear. I push the button but nothing happens

That's strange, I have no idea why its not working, if you imported through Launchbox the games should be automatically. Without more information I cannot help you. Try to see in the folder if it downloads movies/images.

Try to record a video so we can see the problem, whats your main language ?

@CriticalCid try the new version please, those games should work now.

Edited by srxz
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, srxz said:

I just tested both games and it seems to work well now. Thank you very much :)

Now I only have to figure out what’s the sweet spot when scraping multiple games as your plugin also stops working at some point when you select too many games at once.

Any news on adding the Tags?

10 minutes ago, CriticalCid said:

Now I only have to figure out what’s the sweet spot when scraping multiple games as your plugin also stops working at some point when you select too many games at once.

I had the best experiences with 8 - 10 games per scraping process. But I also tried up to 250 games with most of them getting updated. If you want to update games with missing metadata, go into list view and sort by publisher or developer making it easier to see which you still have to update.

After you update, you can also scroll them out of sight and scroll back to them. That way you can quickly see how many were updated (still in list view).

3 hours ago, CriticalCid said:

I just tested both games and it seems to work well now. Thank you very much :)

Any news on adding the Tags?

Thanks for the testing @CriticalCid and @Scriven!

CriticalCid I will try something this week, got really sick past week so I spent my free time at hospital :(  

New Update? Can't wait to test it. :)

I have now updated all of my games with your plugin. Works like a charm. I still have 267 missing but they must have been removed from the store which might be the reason. But I can update those by hand. Thank you so much for this plugin. ?

• Like 1

On 11/3/2018 at 12:48 PM, srxz said:

That's strange, I have no idea why its not working, if you imported through Launchbox the games should be automatically. Without more information I cannot help you. Try to see in the folder if it downloads movies/images.

Try to record a video so we can see the problem, whats your main language ?

Hi again mate.

Thats what I told u. Hope that helps to find a solution. The new version got the same problem, maybe is something about my config (ive got launchbox on a NAS, over a network...)

Its latest beta, on windows 10

Ps. Im spanish, btw

Edited by sakt1moko

2 hours ago, sakt1moko said:

Hi again mate.

Thats what I told u. Hope that helps to find a solution. The new version got the same problem, maybe is something about my config (ive got launchbox on a NAS, over a network...)

Its latest beta, on windows 10

Ps. Im spanish, btw

Ok, I think I now the problem, it is special characters. Let's check a few things.

1. Go to the Images folder and see if the Images are there, if yes, please let us know the filename.
  2. Try to add a new game that we know that works, add this one: https://store.steampowered.com/app/730/CounterStrike_Global_Offensive/  and try to Scrape.
  3. Are you updating the plugin? If no please download the latest version released.

Im from Brazil but I'm horrible with Spanish, so I think its better to keep in english!

38 minutes ago, srxz said:

Ok, I think I now the problem, it is special characters. Let's check a few things.

1. Go to the Images folder and see if the Images are there, if yes, please let us know the filename.
  2. Try to add a new game that we know that works, add this one: https://store.steampowered.com/app/730/CounterStrike_Global_Offensive/  and try to Scrape.
  3. Are you updating the plugin? If no please download the latest version released.

Im from Brazil but I'm horrible with Spanish, so I think its better to keep in english!

1.\\NAS\Retro\LaunchBox\Images\Steam Powered ©\Steam Banner\Counter-Strike Global Offensive-01

2. Ive already got it on my list. It has some metadata already downloaded on launchbox, but when I click on the plugin, doesnt work

3. Yep, ive try both, 1.6 and 1.8

ps. feel free to add me to steam: sakt1moko Maybe we could check via teamviewer