LaunchBox Community Forums

Metadata search

sasquatch

I'm just tidying up some missing artwork.   A lot of games previously missing art had no match with the launchbox database, but when I edit and search again today it can now find a match.   

Is there an easy option to search a platform for games without a match, and then get them to search again to see if the updated database can now find them?   Doing this individually is going to take a long time.

1 minute ago, sasquatch said:

I'm just tidying up some missing artwork.   A lot of games previously missing art had no match with the launchbox database, but when I edit and search again today it can now find a match.   

Is there an easy option to search a platform for games without a match, and then get them to search again to see if the updated database can now find them?   Doing this individually is going to take a long time.

You can use the audit tool. Just click on the platform in the sidebar then go to Tools/Audit Name of Platform. When the audit window opens click on the database id which should bring all the games without database ids to the top of the list, you can then highlite them and right click and search for metadata/images which will open the wizard for just those highlighted games. See in this image scroll all the way to the right then click the "Launchbox Games Database ID" tag at the top to sort unmatched games to the top.1626495362_Screenshot(100).thumb.png.317a26d4c6cf4107f97b936b53efa047.png

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

You can use the audit tool. Just click on the platform in the sidebar then go to Tools/Audit Name of Platform. When the audit window opens click on the database id which should bring all the games without database ids to the top of the list, you can then highlite them and right click and search for metadata/images which will open the wizard for just those highlighted games. See in this image scroll all the way to the right then click the "Launchbox Games Database ID" tag at the top to sort unmatched games to the top.1626495362_Screenshot(100).thumb.png.317a26d4c6cf4107f97b936b53efa047.png

Sweet, thanks! Always wondered what Audit was lol (slowpoke here), this doesnt automatically group games together with parents and clones right? Or anything else automatically for that matter? I prefer to keep them separated.

1 minute ago, Mr. RetroLust said:

Sweet, thanks! Always wondered what Audit was lol (slowpoke here), this doesnt automatically group games together with parents and clones right? Or anything else automatically for that matter? I prefer to keep them separated.

It wont do anything unless you explicitly tell it to. It simply lists all the games in a platform and all the relative information like images present for the games, if the games have videos, if they are attached to a database ID etc. you can sort by any cell by clicking on it at the top of the window.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, neil9000 said:

It wont do anything unless you explicitly tell it to. It simply lists all the games in a platform and all the relative information like images present for the games, if the games have videos, if they are attached to a database ID etc. you can sort by any cell by clicking on it at the top of the window.

Awesome!! Thanks man :)

• 5 years later...

Hi,

I have 400 games from a collection here and I can search for all games by ID and they will be found. Is there a way to search for all games at once? Searching for each game individually is very annoying. I can search for metadata via Audit as described above, but the ID still remains empty.

1 hour ago, Daemion said:

Hi,

I have 400 games from a collection here and I can search for all games by ID and they will be found. Is there a way to search for all games at once? Searching for each game individually is very annoying. I can search for metadata via Audit as described above, but the ID still remains empty.

Download Metadata and Media tool will attempt to assign a DB ID to all games that do not currently have one. That being said it's logic isn't as "fuzzy" as the manual "Search for Metadata" button in the Edit Game window. This is done to help eliminate incorrect matches. Because of this if the app is unsure which ID would best be utilized we just don't pick one and allow you to manually do so via the Edit Game window.

• Thanks 1