LaunchBox Community Forums

CEMU Game Launch Issue from Launchbox

jdiegelmann

Currently, when I try to launch my Wii U titles on CEMU v. 1.3.1D from launchbox, the application opens, loads up some shaders and then just disappears completely. This is utilizing the "-f -g" command line parameters that I've read about from the other posts in this forum. The rom is directed at the .rpx file located in its original folder. The .rpx file was not copied over to the launchbox games folder. 

What's confusing me is that if I open CEMU regularly outside of Launchbox and open the game from my games list it opens no problem. As well, if I leave out the command -g Cemu will open to my games list from launchbox and I can open the file there no problem. So there is something going on with the -g command. Has anyone experienced this?

3 minutes ago, Lordmonkus said:

Do the games that kick back to LB after the shader cache work fine in Cemu outside of LB ? How much system ram do you have ?

All the games loads up fine outside LB after they load the shadercache, it's just in LB that some aint. I got 16GB of ram.

1 minute ago, Lordmonkus said:

Hmm, ok. I'm still just as stumped as I was before.

I thought maybe either it was just certain games or maybe running out of ram because loading in the shader cache can use quite a lot.

Unfortunately I have just 2 Wii U games in my setup (BotW and Xenoblade) and both load fine.

I got BotW to, and it's random on how it loads in LB. Wind Waker seems to loads fine, but all games are going back to LB. I dunno if it's LB that is doing that, since it started to happen after one of the beta released

1 minute ago, Thorgim said:

Geforce GTX 760

2 gigs of vram correct ?

Does it crash out after the cache when using Cemu on its own without LB ? I wonder if maybe it's running out of vram  with both LB and the cache sometimes.

My old system had 16 gigs system ram and a GTX 970 (4 gigs vram) and never had that issue and my new system has 16 gigs of system ram and a 1080Ti (11 gigs vram).

2 minutes ago, Lordmonkus said:

Does it fail to load if you run Cemu on its own but with LB running at the same time ?

hmmm having LB open and then cemu open and launch games from there, non of the game crashes after loading them. Then I try open a game on LB and it still crashes back to LB. For me it seems like a issue on the LB side.

Ok, I will forward this to Jason and hopefully he has an idea of what could be going on here. I wish I could reproduce this myself as well but hopefully we got enough information.

This may take some time for Jason to look into it though, he is working on tracking down some other difficult to reproduce issues with controller lag right now.

Hopefully some other users who are having this issue can provide some system information if they read this thread.

One last thought I just had as I was typing this up, are you running the GeForce Experience software or no ? I don't run it but I have in the past and it has given me issues with some software like Retroarch, GFE caused it to run like trash and once I removed GFE the issue went away.

1 minute ago, Lordmonkus said:

One last thought I just had as I was typing this up, are you running the GeForce Experience software or no ? I don't run it but I have in the past and it has given me issues with some software like Retroarch, GFE caused it to run like trash and once I removed GFE the issue went away.

I do have GFE, I could try turning it off and see if that's the issue, tho went I open up all other type of game on LB with Retroarch or any other emulator, I don't get this kind of issue. Oh another thing that might be useful to tell Jason is that went you hover your mouse over the Import in tools and hover it to the left to Rom-files steam games ect, the menu goes away before being fast enough to click it.