LaunchBox Community Forums

CEMU Game Launch Issue from Launchbox

jdiegelmann

It's relatively easy enough to make per game settings in Cemu, right click a game and "Open game profile". You can then edit the profile in your text editor like notepad and make per game settings, BSoD covers this in his videos and for BotW it should generally be:

# TLoZ: Breath of the Wild (USA)

[Graphics]
disableGPUFence = false
extendedTextureReadback = true
accurateShaderMul = min
GPUBufferCacheAccuracy = 2

[CPU]
cpuMode = Triplecore-Recompiler

Of course it may vary depending on your system.

2 minutes ago, Lordmonkus said:

It's relatively easy enough to make per game settings in Cemu, right click a game and "Open game profile". You can then edit the profile in your text editor like notepad and make per game settings, BSoD covers this in his videos and for BotW it should generally be:

# TLoZ: Breath of the Wild (USA)

[Graphics]
disableGPUFence = false
extendedTextureReadback = true
accurateShaderMul = min
GPUBufferCacheAccuracy = 2

[CPU]
cpuMode = Triplecore-Recompiler

Of course it may vary depending on your system.

Yep, for example i have to use "Dualcore" on my system as it only has 4 cores 4 threads.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just want to throw my confirmation in that changing useRDTSC in the game profile worked for me. In my case I was having issues with DuckTales Remasterd through LB on Cemu 1.15. Although since my Cemu default is set to have it set to true, I had to change the game profile to false. Odd that I can launch it outside of LB without issue before this though.

[General]
useRDTSC = false
Edited by Tacos

I have this exact issue... Some games will run but others will not. All games run fine directly from Cemu.

Launchbox seems to conflict with a few random programs.

Geforce Experience causes the problem.

Any program using LAV filters or MadVR also causes the problem. 

Recordinngs via NextPVR causes the problem.

All games launch fine for me through Launchbox as long as none of the above are running.

• 2 months later...

Summary of Cemu/LB Launch Issue

• Games with small shadercaches such as Shovel Knight and DuckTales Remastered launch perfectly fine inside of Cemu when RDTSC is enabled either through the options or game profile settings.
  • Launching these games through LaunchBox however causes the games to crash.

Solution:

• Edit game profiles of affected games, disabling RDTSC
[General]
useRDTSC = false

I've included a log file of the crash from cemu.

log.txt

@Jason Carr Any ideas on this strange interaction?

Edited by FoxyMonty
  • Like 1

On 3/9/2019 at 1:08 PM, FoxyMonty said:

Yes, all my testing was done with startup screens disabled.

Alright, then I'm lost on this. It especially doesn't make sense if multiple programs are causing the problem. The first thing to test would be to try running those games from the command-line, without LaunchBox. One possibility is that Cemu is just broken when running those games from the command-line, and I think that would be more likely than a conflict with LaunchBox or Big Box.

On 1/3/2019 at 2:48 PM, Milldor said:

I have this exact issue... Some games will run but others will not. All games run fine directly from Cemu.

Launchbox seems to conflict with a few random programs.

Geforce Experience causes the problem.

Any program using LAV filters or MadVR also causes the problem. 

Recordinngs via NextPVR causes the problem.

All games launch fine for me through Launchbox as long as none of the above are running.

What do you mean by this exactly? What problems exactly are caused by those programs? Or do you only have the Cemu issue if LaunchBox AND the above three programs are running?

For me, I don't seem to have any issues launching games from LB/BB via CEMU, with or without startup screens and with games with large or small shader caches.  For me, I seem to only have issues when I use anything other than the Cemu default settings in Custom Timers.  If I use QPC or anything else there, it causes some games to not launch properly from within LB/BB.  Since I found that, I just leave it at Cemu default and I don't seem to have any issues launching games.  Not sure if this helps any with this thread, but I thought I'd share my findings in case it does assist.

• Like 1

On 3/13/2019 at 2:49 PM, CDBlue said:

For me, I don't seem to have any issues launching games from LB/BB via CEMU, with or without startup screens and with games with large or small shader caches.  For me, I seem to only have issues when I use anything other than the Cemu default settings in Custom Timers.  If I use QPC or anything else there, it causes some games to not launch properly from within LB/BB.  Since I found that, I just leave it at Cemu default and I don't seem to have any issues launching games.  Not sure if this helps any with this thread, but I thought I'd share my findings in case it does assist.

I've done some more testing.

The games experience the same issue when being launched directly through command-line.

Games that do not launch with RDTSC = true, will launch with this setting enabled if the 'Custom Timer' is changed from 'QPC 1x speed' to 'Cemu Default'.

However these games will launch directly through Cemu application when both RDTSC = true and the Custom Timer is set to QPC 1x Speed.

34 minutes ago, FoxyMonty said:

I've done some more testing.

The games experience the same issue when being launched directly through command-line.

Games that do not launch with RDTSC = true, will launch with this setting enabled if the 'Custom Timer' is changed from 'QPC 1x speed' to 'Cemu Default'.

However these games will launch directly through Cemu application when both RDTSC = true and the Custom Timer is set to QPC 1x Speed.

Thanks for doing that testing; that's kind of what I figured. Of course what this means is that it's not a conflict or a LaunchBox issue at all; it's some sort of odd glitch with Cemu, so it should be reported to the Cemu developers.

• 1 month later...

Are using using a custom timer in Cemu instead of the default ones?  If so, set those back to the defaults instead of QPC, etc. (or whatever you're using) and it "should" load properly again.

Example below:

Untitled.png

Untitled2.png

Edited by CDBlue

• 1 month later...
On 4/28/2019 at 4:20 PM, CDBlue said:

Are using using a custom timer in Cemu instead of the default ones?  If so, set those back to the defaults instead of QPC, etc. (or whatever you're using) and it "should" load properly again.

Example below:

Untitled.png

Untitled2.png

yes exactly those timers are causing cemu to close when launched via LB/BB whether startup screen is in or off, this is the case with cemu 1.15.8 also and latest 9.9 LB