LaunchBox Community Forums

Mame - dl-1425.bin NOT FOUND (Help)

siniestro02

Hey all, I'm new to this, I uploaded a bunch of arcade games using mameui64 v202 (for some reason mame0.202 wouldn't work with the roms) everything works except most of the street fighter games (or capcom roms?), when I open them I get this error message "dl-1425.bin NOT FOUND" (see pic). I've search all over the internet and downloaded a bunch of QSOUND zip files but I'm still getting the same message. I've placed the QSOUND file in the roms folder, renamed on the files in the qsound file to dl-1425.bin but no luck. any help would appreciated.

Qsound has 2 files 059C847D and D6CF5EF5 both are 3KB

Mame error message.png

As of the 0.201 build, MAME has changed how it implements QSound and the device qsound_hle.zip is now required.
If you fail to source qsound_hle.zip you can just copy qsound.zip (make sure it contains the file dl-1425.bin and not the obsolete qsound.bin) and rename the copy as qsound_hle.zip

I don't know if qsound.zip is now obsolete under MAME 0.201/202, but all my CPS2 games audit and work without it as long as qsound_hle.zip is present.

On 10/21/2018 at 5:53 PM, siniestro02 said:

I got a new rom set, I'm going to set it up and see how it goes. I'll update when I'm done thanks.

I had an old mameset I think 0.185, and setup launch box with the latest Mame 0.202.  Couldn't play the Capcom roms, had the same error with the missing qsound file.  I tried all kinds of versions of the qsound.zip file from different mame sets, nothing worked.  I wound up just installing Mame 0.185 in launch box, and works fine now. 

• 2 months later...
On 10/26/2018 at 4:59 PM, Lordmonkus said:

Not surprising, it's much easier to find new complete sets than up to date individual files.

I am searching for them as we speak and its near impossible to find...all i keep finding is the same old 1 file that's out of date and doesn't work...i've about giving up...throw me a boen please where can i find the most recent working qsound files?

On 10/21/2018 at 11:24 PM, spycat said:

As of the 0.201 build, MAME has changed how it implements QSound and the device qsound_hle.zip is now required.
If you fail to source qsound_hle.zip you can just copy qsound.zip (make sure it contains the file dl-1425.bin and not the obsolete qsound.bin) and rename the copy as qsound_hle.zip

I don't know if qsound.zip is now obsolete under MAME 0.201/202, but all my CPS2 games audit and work without it as long as qsound_hle.zip is present.

Please can you tell me where i can get the qsound_hle.zip from i am struggling to find it :(

14 minutes ago, Lordmonkus said:

The best place to get up to date rom sets is Pleasuredome.

I'm guessing you mean i can acquire them if i download a massive rom pack from somewhere...i don't see how that's a solution...downlaodign a 20+GB  pack of random roms in hope i get lucky and find up to date files instead of the exact files people like myself require could be hosted somewhere on the web easily to be obtained...seems a bit odd and weird to me...that's like telling someone to go download a PS1 pack in order to acquire bios lol no offence but not very helpful :(

You may not like it but it's the best place to get the latest roms which contains the Qsound file from. I wish I could tell you a site that has them all individually but it doesn't exist as far as I am aware of.

What I do is I rent a seedbox and I update the set on it every month when a new set gets released and I can pull individual files from it as needed without having to download a full set to my computer using my bandwidth.

7 minutes ago, Lordmonkus said:

You may not like it but it's the best place to get the latest roms which contains the Qsound file from. I wish I could tell you a site that has them all individually but it doesn't exist as far as I am aware of.

What I do is I rent a seedbox and I update the set on it every month when a new set gets released and I can pull individual files from it as needed without having to download a full set to my computer using my bandwidth.

I just downloaded a 6000 roms set from pleasuredome and it doesn't have qsound files anywhere seriously wtf man!!!

16 minutes ago, spycat said:

Retroroms is always up to date usually within a day or so of a new MAME build. It's currently on MAME 205 and allows single rom downloads. Registration is required.

Okay...so i've already sign up to there and downloaded the ver of avp and it still gives me the same error message "file dl-1425.bin missing - qsound_hle.zip"

i dunno what else is possible to try where are the qsoudn files located as i cant find anything there not even included in the games files...