LaunchBox Community Forums

RetroArch NES/SNES Light gun games

polygonslayer

4 hours ago, skylesjk111 said:

The problem that I have with this is I could not find a way to have retroarch remember a specific controller loadout for each game. when you exit the game and then try to start up another game that doesn't use the light gun you have to go back in and manually change the controller type back to joypad which is kind of annoying.  I wasn't going to do that so what I did is I installed another instance of retroarch.  I set that version to the light gun settings.   Then created another emulator for light guns in LaunchBox.  

Just save a game specific remap from within Retroarch and it will load the correct controller needed per game.

I tried that. But when I would go to a non-light gun game It would still be on the super scope as the second controller and I would have to manually change it back.  And ironically since the last posting, I was messing around with different cores on super Nintendo in retro arch and somehow broke the light gun for SNES 9X.  Still works fine on Mesen for Nes.  Trigger won't work now for super Nintendo.   

At this point I don't even really care because I don't plan on really playing many light gun games for super Nintendo.  

10 minutes ago, skylesjk111 said:

I tried that. But when I would go to a non-light gun game It would still be on the super scope as the second controller and I would have to manually change it back.  And ironically since the last posting, I was messing around with different cores on super Nintendo in retro arch and somehow broke the light gun for SNES 9X.  Still works fine on Mesen for Nes.  Trigger won't work now for super Nintendo.   

At this point I don't even really care because I don't plan on really playing many light gun games for super Nintendo.  

When you load the non-zapper game and go into controls, does it show a remap loaded at the top of menu?

100% sure you default controls haven't been saved with zapper on controller 2?

I don't know if this will help, but do you have a core remap as well?

If not, create a core remap as well (even if nothing is different), this will force a remap always to be loaded, whether it be the core or game remap.

Edited by Headrush69

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Sorry to bump a really old thread, but this seems to be one of the number one google search hits on the subject. 

Sinden Light gun - SNES - RetroArch - SNES9x Core.    I'm using the latest version of RetroArch - 1.15 as of this post.

Settings - Input - Controller 1 - Mouse Index = N/A #2   (This is what screws everything up - the mouse gets mapped to Port 1, killing the lightgun.  This might be whats wrong with Mega Drive too - haven't tested yet)

Settings - Input - Controller 2 - Mouse Index = 1

Then you need to setup buttons in Settings - Input - Controller 2 - for Gun Trigger, Gun Aux A, and Gun Aux B    (on mine, Gun Aux B was the actual 'trigger' in Battle Clash...)

Hope this helps someone in the future!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 16/3/2023 at 06:58, Fursphere said:

Scusate se riprendo un thread molto vecchio, ma questo sembra essere uno dei risultati di ricerca di Google numero uno sull'argomento. 

Pistola leggera Sinden - SNES - RetroArch - SNES9x Core. Sto utilizzando l'ultima versione di RetroArch - 1.15 a partire da questo post.

Impostazioni - Ingresso - Controller 1 - Indice mouse = N/A n. 2 (Questo è ciò che rovina tutto: il mouse viene mappato sulla porta 1, uccidendo la pistola luminosa. Questo potrebbe essere ciò che non va anche con Mega Drive - non l'ho ancora testato )

Impostazioni - Ingresso - Controller 2 - Indice mouse = 1

Quindi devi impostare i pulsanti in Impostazioni - Ingresso - Controller 2 - per Gun Trigger, Gun Aux A e Gun Aux B (sul mio, Gun Aux B era il vero "trigger" in Battle Clash...)

Spero che questo aiuti qualcuno in futuro!

I'm sorry but i don't undersand... I'm setting my light gun on RA for NES game with core FC-EUMM but i'm confused beetween core remap etc.. because with a right core remapped for any games not works start and select and others not works.

How to do ? Anyone has done it ?