LaunchBox Community Forums

Not able to add platforms with 9.0 bug?

topcatuk

Strange issue for me now. I can add a platform such as Nintendo Gamecube or Sony PlayStation vita in the same way as normal.  It then doesnt seem to download any meta data apart from the images. 

Then if I go to emulators and pick say dolphin for GameCube, I go to associated platform and type Nintendo but dont see Nintendo GameCube as a choice  

so I reinstalled a fresh new download of launchbox on a different drive and downloaded my emulators  again and setup a new environment  exactly the same happened so it’s not my config  

Any ideas what’s going on? Happening to you?

Not sure about the meta data being missing when you add a platform.  Are you manually adding a platform or using the import wizard to add one?  Manually adding one might lead to that bug, not sure, as adding a platform via import wizard is recommended.

As for the platform name not automatically showing as a selection in the associated platforms (on the Edit Emulator tab) it shouldn't matter.  Just type the name just like the platform you created is called and it should associate just fine (or at least it does for me).

3 hours ago, topcatuk said:

Strange issue for me now. I can add a platform such as Nintendo Gamecube or Sony PlayStation vita in the same way as normal.  It then doesnt seem to download any meta data apart from the images. 

Then if I go to emulators and pick say dolphin for GameCube, I go to associated platform and type Nintendo but dont see Nintendo GameCube as a choice  

so I reinstalled a fresh new download of launchbox on a different drive and downloaded my emulators  again and setup a new environment  exactly the same happened so it’s not my config  

Any ideas what’s going on? Happening to you?

If you manually add a platform what you named that platform really would not matter if you have the "scrape as" set to the system name. Right click the platform name and see what the scrape as name is set to. Adding a new platform using the game import wizard is a safer process to ensure something is not set up wrong. 

Like CDBLue said with the associated platforms all you have to do is type the platform name. You are not bound by what might show up as default. You can manually type in any platform name you created and added to Launchbox. 

Just now, Jason Carr said:

@topcatuk Are you still having an issue here? We need some more details on exactly the process that you're using to add the platform.

I’m ok now adding just making sure all the text is entered the same manually apart from the platform metadata doesn’t show. 

I was adding from the add a platform menu but I’ve tried importing and then creating a platform that way. Both don’t bring in metadata or show in any menus unless manually entered. 

This is on my current install and a new clean install on a new drive. 

Im running Windows 10 

43 minutes ago, topcatuk said:

I’m ok now adding just making sure all the text is entered the same manually apart from the platform metadata doesn’t show. 

I was adding from the add a platform menu but I’ve tried importing and then creating a platform that way. Both don’t bring in metadata or show in any menus unless manually entered. 

This is on my current install and a new clean install on a new drive. 

Im running Windows 10 

Are you specifically referring to platform metadata? Not game data?

Yep. Game metadata is fine. Just platform didn’t work so it’s not a big problem, all still looks fine in big box and I’m taking it all offline to go in my cabinet tomorrow so doesn’t effect me now. It’s an odd issue though. 

Mill test it on another machine tomorrow