LaunchBox Community Forums

Steam support and offline mode.

Lord Exor

So I was wondering if there were a way to avoid the prompt asking to run Steam in offline mode every time I want to play a game from the Steam library through Big Box. Since I have this running on a computer without access to the Internet most of the time, I would like to simply interface with the machine purely through Big Box and a controller. Unfortunately, Steam does not allow you to interact with the prompt while using a controller, forcing me to awkwardly plug in a mouse and keyboard in my media room. Is there any known workaround to this? 

Edited by Lord Exor

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Found the following with a Google search...... Worth a try maybe.... I don't use Steam offline so haven't checked it 

If the closing of the box still doesn't work 8 years later, then activating it and sending mouse click to correct point (or if you block mouse movements tab to correct box and enter) can be done via the AHK. 

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/steam-offline-mode-how-to-bypass-dialog.18406655/

Let us know if it works for you