LaunchBox Community Forums

Bitbucket: Add hotkey to switch between Theme & Gameplay videos

alnyden

With the creation of so many incredible Big Box themes, and using different themes for each platform or playlist, I find that some look better using a theme video, while others look much better with a gameplay video. (aka Retrotastic with game backgrounds that use similar artwork to the theme video).

To be able to switch quickly between the two, it would be great to have a hotkey that toggles theme vs. gameplay video without having to go in and out of the options menu each time.

If you think this feature would be useful, please consider voting for it at the link below:

https://bitbucket.org/jasondavidcarr/launchbox/issues/4643/bigbox-request-add-hotkey-to-switch

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, Retro808 said:

I think the post is about gameplay videos vs. theme style videos not about views/themes. You cannot set which will play on a per patform or playlist basis still.

Thanks for the clarification.

Is this not possible to do manually if you prioritize theme videos in BB,  but remove theme videos per platform so they fall back to game play videos for the platforms you want?

I wish you could prioritize views based on the absence of media. If I have a game theme video, I want that shown, but if not I'd rather fallback to a different view rather that use a full screen game play video.