LaunchBox Community Forums

How to rename platform title without change folder name and structure?

rafaelfndev

I would like to rename the platform name, however whenever I change the title, the folder name also change name... I would like to keep the original folder name "Super Nintendo Entertainment System" without changing the folder structure,  just changing the sidebar title, without tampering with the internal structure of folders, is this possible?

1.thumb.png.3591b9ceb81d9840ea673ffca74ccaf5.png2.thumb.png.1c95abd423d9301f73536b26283986a2.png

3.thumb.png.7a3e3c463709f29097bb06de43a69d89.png4.thumb.png.429cc5530f46ff171450acf80de625cf.png5.thumb.png.011a98bb059f5fd9724029a233b5c925.pngI need change many platforms like "Super Nintendo Entertainment System" to "Super Nintendo", "Sega 32x" to "Mega Drive" and etc...

I know some platforms by other names, so I would like to change but keep the structure with the original names.

8 hours ago, rafaelfndev said:

I would like to rename the platform name, however whenever I change the title, the folder name also change name... I would like to keep the original folder name "Super Nintendo Entertainment System" without changing the folder structure,  just changing the sidebar title, without tampering with the internal structure of folders, is this possible?

1.thumb.png.3591b9ceb81d9840ea673ffca74ccaf5.png2.thumb.png.1c95abd423d9301f73536b26283986a2.png

3.thumb.png.7a3e3c463709f29097bb06de43a69d89.png4.thumb.png.429cc5530f46ff171450acf80de625cf.png5.thumb.png.011a98bb059f5fd9724029a233b5c925.pngI need change many platforms like "Super Nintendo Entertainment System" to "Super Nintendo", "Sega 32x" to "Mega Drive" and etc...

I know some platforms by other names, so I would like to change but keep the structure with the original names.

Unfortuanely no this isnt possible, the name of the folders will change if you change the name as the images will need to be in the correct folders. You can do it manually by browsing to the folders you want to use per your bottom image, but you will have to do it per image type and per platform.

you can go to one of those specific platforms in LB select all games and then go to the bulk edit wizard change the platform name then close LB go into your LB folder and go to all the specific platform media folders ie Images find the one you want and rename it to the new platform name that you want. You would need to do this in your Music Video and Manual folders also for each platform but its faster than going through and editing each folder inside of LB.

On 11/27/2018 at 12:11 PM, DOS76 said:

you can go to one of those specific platforms in LB select all games and then go to the bulk edit wizard change the platform name then close LB go into your LB folder and go to all the specific platform media folders ie Images find the one you want and rename it to the new platform name that you want. You would need to do this in your Music Video and Manual folders also for each platform but its faster than going through and editing each folder inside of LB.

I was doing it that way, but a lot of work, it would be a faster way to do this, but thanks anyway for the help!

• 1 year later...

Push this! This is definetely something I really would like to see. Its really sad that you're kind of stuck with the category/system title forever with no easy way to change that. There are soooo many options in launchbox and I really couldnt believe that no one has thought of such a thing. Any chance to see that in a future version?