LaunchBox Community Forums

Homebrews on Atari 7800??

ModerateNOOB

Hi guys.

I'm having some trouble getting Atari 7800 homebrews to boot on any emulator i've tried?, At the moment i'm trying to get a homebrew game called Draker quest or Draker quest II to boot on Prosystem, Retroarch, Mess, Emu7800 or MAME.

No matter which one i chose, It won't boot the game. i noticed that it is much larger in size than other 7800 titles, Could it have anything to do with that?

So you simply had to use the only emu i hadn't tried, Yes it works with A7800 ?

Could i ask you for a little guidance on how to set it up with Launchbox?, I'm having problems with getting MAME to work on Launchbox (for a while actually).

Are there some special setting i need to make?, I can boot games from MAME if i go through the directories and do it manually, But doing the ordinary set up with Launchbox it's not loading anything.

Thank's for replying.

Yeah setting up the A7800 variant or Mame to work in LB took a little effort on my end because of how Trebor put it together.

Here is my setup for it, it includes everything you need including the high score and xm rom files, all you need to do is edit the a7800.ini file to add the path to your roms.

rompath                   "roms;D:\Emulation\NoFiller\NoFiller Atari 7800"

Above is mine for example, just change the part after the semi colon to your path.

In LB you will want the following command line in your associated platforms tab:

a7800 -cart1 xm -cart2

This will tell it to use the xm cart which is required for some homescreenshot_25.thumb.jpg.506f2ef26105023db7fc24eb30a81713.jpgscreenshot_26.thumb.jpg.dafac0f1fd2ec325ea52c78b7ff03a54.jpgbrews.

A7800.7z

Thank's for all your inputs, But it will simply not work ?????

It was already set to auto, Only difference was that window was set to 1 instead of 0 (changing it didn't do anything).

The rom path should be flawless as it's copied directly from the end directory where the games are located (can't see anything missing)

Have all my emulation stuff on the same external HDD.

Is there any way to read that message that briefly pops up when trying to launch a game from Launchbox??, It says something (But what???)

I haven't used the bulk editor as i'm using different emulators to emulate as many games as possible, Prosystem and retroarch are managing most of my games.

I'm stuck at this Draker quest game which apparently only works with MAME/A7800

yes my roms are impoted to the Launchbox folder on my external HDD with the drive letter I:/Launcbox/Games/Atari 7800 , And the associated platform is Atari 7800.

I don't get it, But thank's a lot anyway.