LaunchBox Community Forums

New Steam game not available to import

jamzilla

• 1 month later...
On 12/4/2018 at 11:00 PM, fromlostdays said:

I don't think this is an issue. Can you be more specific about what is actually happening? Are you going to import steam games, putting in your API and not seeing the games in the list that comes up? What are the game names?

I'm having the same issue. A few of my games are not being imported.  I go through the steam import, use my api, and it says there are no new games to import.  I just retried importing the missing games and one came through (Learn Japanese To Survive! Kanji Combat), but the other four are not being found.  I first noticed this problem back in early November when I bought "Holy Potatoes! A Spy Story!"

They all seemed to have been released in 2018.  The games are:

Kitrinos Inside the Cube
   Release Date: Jun 19, 2018
Youropa
   Release Date: Jun 27, 2018
Heavy Dreams
   Release Date: Sep 1, 2018
Holy Potatoes! A Spy Story!
   Release Date: Nov 7, 2018

• 2 weeks later...

I have a very limited understanding of how Launchbox actually finds steam games, I think it may look for shortcuts in a certain windows folder? At any rate, you can drag the exe of the game directly into launchbox to import the ones it misses. It's not a fix, just a workaround but as I said I don't know enough about how launchbox finds steam games to say more. 

• 5 months later...