LaunchBox Community Forums

Manually added images not showing

MesonW

Hi all,

I recently added a large collection of DS games and it scraped many many images... fab. But when I try and add a couple of screenshots to one of them, they're not showing in the Details pain.

It seems to be related to them being imported as .bmp files rather than .png files. Dragging them from a web page in Firefox to the Edit window imports then as .bmp even though the original image on the site is a .png. Saving the image manually to the screenshot folder with the right name causes it to show up. Is this a peculiarity of Firefox or a bug in Launchbox?  I've done it this way many times in the past but probably on earlier versions of Firefox and definitely earlier versions of LB.

Am on LaunchBox 9.1, Windows 10 Home 64bit, Version 1803, OS Build 17134.407
Firefox 63.0.3
The drive they're on my main system SSD as all other images.

Any ideas? Is there a way to ensure they are dragged into Launchbox as .png rather than .bmp?

Edited by MesonW
Darn it, I meant Firefox not Chrome; indeed Chrome won't let me drag images from it into LaunchBox at all!

Thanks for your reply. I've only tried Chrome which doesn't let you drag an image into LB at all. That bug is quite old though, so it must have not been a problem for Launchbox previously. The images show fine in the main pane, just not in the details... like LB has lost support for displaying .bmp files in the details pane.

I don't really want to switch to a 3rd browser just for this. At the moment I'm saving the images to the desktop and importing them from there, but it's an arduous multistep process that way.

Edited by MesonW

You could try a batch image converting tool, photoshop has its image processing tool for example but there are loads out there, this way you can build a collection for a day for instance and at the end of the collecting you batch convert them. Bmp is really an outdated format, png is so much better with its smaller filesize and lossless compression, not to mention alpha transparency. 

If I drag from the browser to the desktop they save as .png. I then drag them again onto LB and all is good.

But I guess dragging them once to LB and carrying out a mass conversion once per sesh or ad-hoc is a bit quicker. Thanks for the application pointer.

(Was hoping Jason or anyone close to the code would go "oh yeah looks like we've lost .bmp support from the details pane" lol)