LaunchBox Community Forums

Retroarch does not start with launchbox or bigbox

OtavioCJR

Hello

I use retroarch for my games, but i cant started my games on launchbox with retroarch, when i forced appears the message "now loading" but only for a few seconds and nothing happens.

I start on launchbox and bigbox on last week, so i do not have previous versions of launchbox.

I think this problem occurs on manage emulators > retroarch > associated plataforms and this window there are the new column and i cant put the information about the column "default command-line parameters" because when i put the information for exemplo "-L "cores\genesis_plus_gx_libretro.dll" and press "ok", when i return on this window my information is not saved.

So i need help, because i cant use the retroarch on my launch box or big box.

Thank you and sorry about my english its not my native language.

Can you share a couple pics? 

In Launchbox go to Tools>Manage emulators and edit the retroach. Share a pic of the Emulator Details tab and the Associated Platform tab. 

Then choose a game from the platform you are having issues with and right click and edit the game. Share a pic of the Launcher tab and the Emulation tab. 

Also what is the exact name of the platform as you see it in Launchbox you are having an issue with. 

11 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

Can you share a couple pics? 

In Launchbox go to Tools>Manage emulators and edit the retroach. Share a pic of the Emulator Details tab and the Associated Platform tab. 

Then choose a game from the platform you are having issues with and right click and edit the game. Share a pic of the Launcher tab and the Emulation tab. 

Also what is the exact name of the platform as you see it in Launchbox you are having an issue with.  

Tha exact name is Sega Genesis but i have problem with super Nintendo too.

emulator details.JPG

plataform associated.JPG

game launch tab.JPG

game mulation tab.JPG

34 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

Also forgot to ask, do the games run in Retroarch directly? Outside of Launchbox if you run Retroarch can you play the Genesis and SNES games?

even when I'm in the bigbox, I can open the retroarch menu (theres a option on bigbox when you select the game) make all the way to find the rom inside the retroarch menu and play it normally.

Edited by OtavioCJR

1 minute ago, Lordmonkus said:

Ok thanks.

Just out of curiosity what is the full paths of your emulator and rom folders ?

For example mine are:

D:\Emulation\Emulators
D:\Emulation\Roms

I'm just wondering if maybe you have some folders with accents in their names, that has been known to cause issues in the past. 

No problem, but i have accents here, i will change now

For emulators - G:\Portal de Emulação\Emuladores 

For Roms - G:\Portal de Emulação\LaunchBox\Games

Hi 

im a new Big Box lifetime owner.   I don't know what was said to fix the problem.    I have a similar situation.   Retroarch plays SNES Mario World great in Retroarch but i click the box art in big box and it says "loading game" then the "loading game" disappears and doesn't load but all the NES games load fine in bigbox?

what could be the problem?

2 minutes ago, DanTheMan1379 said:

Hi 

im a new Big Box lifetime owner.   I don't know what was said to fix the problem.    I have a similar situation.   Retroarch plays SNES Mario World great in Retroarch but i click the box art in big box and it says "loading game" then the "loading game" disappears and doesn't load but all the NES games load fine in bigbox?

what could be the problem?

Hi DanTheMan1379 

in my case i had accents in the names of the folders like.

For emulators - G:\Portal de Emulação\Emuladores 

For Roms - G:\Portal de Emulação\LaunchBox\Games

so i changed for:

For emulators - G:\Portal de Emuladores\Emuladores 

For Roms - G:\Portal de Emuladores\LaunchBox\Games

and i solved my problem.