LaunchBox Community Forums

Gamecube games won't load in Launchbox

Jigen271

Hey there guys, I purchased a full licence for Launchbox.  Everything works well for other emulators and isos and roms.  They load directly from LB with no problems.  The only system that doesn't load is Gamecube.  I am not sure what's going on.  I need to let you guys know that I have renamed all the games to Japanese for my kids.  All the game titles and discriptions are in Japanese.  When I try to run the Gamecube games from LB or BB it goes to a loading screen with the CD spinning but then it says the specified file does not exist.  I have checked the path and everything is fine.  Am I doing something wrong? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jigen271

Lordmonkus, I looked at what you were asking me about.  The Command Line Paramaters are grayed out in Launchbox.  Sorry, new to this am I doing something wrong??  Thanks for your quick reply.

Waiting for your response.  Thanks again for your assistance ahead of time.  

BTW my Wii games run through Dolphin with no problem.  Why would only me Gamecube games have a problem?

Jigen271

OK, I am very confused! After changing a little even my Wii games do not load anymore.  What should I do?  Sorry to be a pain guys.  I followed the tutorial videos for all systems and had no problems for any other system but Gamecube, and now Gamecube and Wii will not load.  The other systems load wonderfully!

Still haven't had any luck guys.  I reread some tutorials, watched some tutorial videos and am still stuck.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I'm trying to get this done for my sons birthday.  Here are some screenshots of the Emulator info, the error I get and the Locations of the Emulator and Isos.

Jigen271

Wii 1.jpg

Wii 2.jpg

Gamecube 1.jpg

Gamecube 2.jpg

Emulator Location.jpg

Rom and Iso Locations.jpg

Wii Isos.jpg

Gamecube Isos.jpg

Still haven't had any luck guys.  I reread some tutorials, watched some tutorial videos and am still stuck.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I'm trying to get this done for my sons birthday.  Here are some screenshots of the Emulator info, the error I get and the Locations of the Emulator and Isos.

Jigen271

OK, here is the issue.  I think I figured it out.  Lordmonkus sent me a message.  He thinks the issue is that I have all my Gamecube roms named with Japanese titles.  I changed one of them and it worked.  I can still edit the title to Japanese in Launchbox so that helps me with the Gamecube Isos.  Still have to figure out what is going wrong with the Wii Isos titles are English but still not running....  Hmmmm.  back to the drawing board.

Thanks guys!

Did you try running your games from the emulator itself?

Extract your isos. Dolphin can't read compressed files. Also, you should enable file extensions in explorer, that will save you from headaches in the future. That and avoiding using non English letters as much as possible in western software.

Alternatively, you can keep you isos compressed and enable "Extract ROMS archives files before running" in the Emulator's configuration window of LaunchBox.

If you want to have your isos compressed, the best thing you can do is compress them with Dolphin itself. Dolphin can read those compressed isos directly.

Edited by Suhrvivor