LaunchBox Community Forums

Jnes exiting in Launchbox

onebadws6

Does anyone have a hotkey script for exiting Jnes with keyboard esc in LB/BB?  or a command line that can be used in the emulator setup?. Currently Jnes only minimizes the emulator with esc instead of closing.  I cannot change the key commands within the emulator itself.  Or maybe theres a better emulator for nes to be used in LB/BB?.......other than retroarch?  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks

I would recommend the AHK below instead. The original code will work, this one just properly closes the emulator instead of forcing it closed. This is better to also use with emulators that have save states that will require the game/emulator to be exited properly to create the save state. This was identified from an issue with Higan and the original code. It did not close Higan how it wanted to be closed and was not properly saving games on exit. 

You can use it with any emulator. Just simply change the "Jnes.exe" to the name of the emulator's .exe.

$ESC::WinClose, ahk_exe Jnes.exe

• Like 1

Well hopefully you may be able to share with me the AHK for opening SnesGt in fullscreen.  Ive entered -f    or   -fullscreen in the LB default emulator command line and it works....but it takes almost 10-15 seconds to change from windowed screen to full.  Is there any other way to make it flow a little more seamlessly?  Thanks again for your guys' help. 

Not sure if this will work for SNESGT or not, but sometimes with standalone emulators they remember the last screen size they were in.  Try launching SNESGT and the press alt-enter to force it to full screen (which work on most systems).  Once in full screen press the key to close the emulator (or ALT-F4 to force it to close).  Then try re-launching to see if it will retain the fullscreen that it was in the last time it launched.

• 3 years later...
On 18/1/2019 at 11:21, Retro808 said:

Recomendaría el AHK a continuación en su lugar. El código original funcionará, este solo cierra correctamente el emulador en lugar de forzarlo a cerrarse. Es mejor usarlo también con emuladores que tienen estados de guardado que requerirán que se salga correctamente del juego/emulador para crear el estado de guardado. Esto se identificó a partir de un problema con Higan y el código original. Higan no cerró como quería que se cerrara y no estaba guardando correctamente los juegos al salir. 

Puedes usarlo con cualquier emulador. Simplemente cambie "Jnes.exe" por el nombre del .exe del emulador.

can you tell me where i put that?

6 hours ago, ENYEL NO MERCY said:

can you tell me where i put that?

hi you will want to put it in the emulators "Running Script" tab. You will get to this page through Manage > Emulators. Select the emulator to edit it, then select the Running Script tab on the left hand pane. Insert that script there. What it is doing is running this script as launch of the emulator, it makes ESC a hotkey. Whenever ESC key is pressed it will execute the code which is telling the program, the emulator, to close

• Thanks 1