LaunchBox Community Forums

cannot get startup videos to work with bigbox please help!!

rjlmecp

How did you do it? There is actually an old way which changed several versions ago and is no longer valid.

if you placed a video in the /Launchbox/Video folder and named the video file startup then that is no longer valid. 

Now you simply create a folder called startup inside the /Launchbox/Videos folder and place any videos you want in there and they can be any name. Example: /Launchbox/Videos/Startup/[VideoFile].mp4

You can use any length video and multiple videos as BigBox will randomly use on on startup. 

• 9 months later...
On 2/13/2019 at 4:02 AM, Retro808 said:

How did you do it? There is actually an old way which changed several versions ago and is no longer valid.

if you placed a video in the /Launchbox/Video folder and named the video file startup then that is no longer valid. 

Now you simply create a folder called startup inside the /Launchbox/Videos folder and place any videos you want in there and they can be any name. Example: /Launchbox/Videos/Startup/[VideoFile].mp4

You can use any length video and multiple videos as BigBox will randomly use on on startup. 

i've done this but still havent got it working... is there anything else like needing to edit any config file? my content resides on a NAS which i use mapped network drive for connecting to launchbox and have all the xml's updated for the games.. is there a startup video path i'll need to do likewise?

1 minute ago, zoemorn said:

i've done this but still havent got it working... is there anything else like needing to edit any config file? my content resides on a NAS which i use mapped network drive for connecting to launchbox and have all the xml's updated for the games.. is there a startup video path i'll need to do likewise?

They just need to be in the Launchbox/Videos/startup folder, no further options are needed.

15 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

They just need to be in the Launchbox/Videos/startup folder, no further options are needed.

So this doesnt appear to be totally accurate in the context of having content (media, games) being on a NAS separated from system.  i wasnt totally clear in my initial post: the games/media are on a NAS, and Launchbox system is on a pc/laptop. thats why i asked bout the config files...  having the video on the NAS  did not work, but just now i moved it the local launchbox system dir video/startup folder and that did work. 

but looks like you're correct about no config options, i couldn't find any place where path was defined in the /data xml files. So looks like if folks split up their system from their media they need to go ahead and keep startup vids on the local paths.   Thanks for responding as always neil!

2 minutes ago, zoemorn said:

but looks like you're correct about no config options, i couldn't find any place where path was defined in the /data xml files. So looks like if folks split up their system from their media they need to go ahead and keep startup vids on the local paths.   Thanks for responding as always neil!

Yeah thats correct, there is nowhere to define that path so it needs to be local to the launchbox folder. I do the same thing mostly, launchbox on my C drive and my roms and gameplay snaps on my D drive. I do however keep my platform/playlist and startup videos in the local folder.

• Thanks 1