LaunchBox Community Forums

Atari Lynx emualtion: issue

legolas119

Hi,

i have configured my Mednaffe+Mednafen emulator for severals emulators. Everything runs vry well.

I only have an issue when i emulate the Atari lynx.  When I run a games, a pop up appars: Immagine2.png

I put the bios file (lynxboot.img) both in the rom folder and in the emulator folder. I put it also in the firmware folder But i continue to have this strange issue. I'm not able to run evey game...  Can you help me?

thanks

• 2 months later...

I've switched from Handy to Mednafen until things ran too fast on my projector setup. I switched to MAME, and some games work better both on and off projector while some cause MAME to freeze up. Like all versions of Pinball Jam are so buggy through MAME to where the ball leaves the table and floats off into a black void and freezes up to a pink and purple static on some versions. Seems also on MAME some Prototypes refuse to work through it as well. Like I guess when it comes to the whole Lynx collection you may have to use various Emulators for each title and hope they all work out. I'm noticing about the same when I made to switch with Atari 7800 from ProSystem to MAME where some games are better and some end up buggier than before.

Part of me wants to go back to Handy, even though the Fullscreening is a mess to deal with when you wanna just Launch a game and have it Fullscreen on its own

On 2/14/2019 at 3:01 PM, legolas119 said:

you are right! the format is correct but for any strange reason these gaes aren't supported! i downloaded them from another site and they works! Even if the extension is the file type is the same!

thank you!

Mine are all .lnx file extensions and work great. Glad you got it sorted.