LaunchBox Community Forums

Playing Wii games with RetroLink USB Gamecube controller

Guidope

As the topic's title states; is there anyone who has been able to do it? Gamecube games work fine. All tutorial suggest using official Gamecube controllers and the adapter. I don't have the adapter however. I've been fiddling around with the settings for ages now, hope someone is willing to point me in the right direction.

• 2 months later...
16 hours ago, RULLUR said:

I got my Fiancee a Wired Retro-Link GameCube USB Controller a few Christmases ago for Dolphin, and I think I have things set for it to play Wii. I may be able to try upload the settings if needed or interested

That would be awesome, i still haven’t got any luck trying to get it to work!

A bit off topic but I saw the retro-link controller today in a store.  It looked a bit flimsy to me.  I think it was $15 if I saw the right brand.  I think I’m going to go with an original controller and an adapter if I can get the correct parts.

Edit: I think what I saw was the N64 version.

Edited by Avenger

5 minutes ago, Avenger said:

A bit off topic but I saw the retro-link controller today in a store.  It looked a bit flimsy to me.  I think it was $15 if I saw the right brand.  I think I’m going to go with an original controller and an adapter if I can get the correct parts.

I haven't really played much with the original..but we have the one that lights up blue. Seems fine to use though. I just don't know how it'll read if using one with an adapter though. The RetroLink reads things as Button 1 and all that instead of Button A & etc like you would with something in the range of an XBOX 360. XBOX One, or PS3/PC Afterglow controller reads them

Edited by RULLUR

24 minutes ago, Avenger said:

Edit: I think what I saw was the N64 version.

I've heard many mixed reviews on various N64 controllers. I been thinking of getting the ones that Bluetooth though, but seems they jacked the price on them recently. I often hear issues about the analog stick turning too hard on the slightest nudge and all that to where playing Racing games are a pain.