LaunchBox Community Forums

Windows 10 having trouble installing

WolfyAU82

Tried installing .NET Framework 4.7 from MS to see if I could fix the dependency problems - Microsoft stopped supporting 4.7 on Windows 10 according to error displayed on actual web installer.

Dependencies required to install LaunchBox are no longer supported, unable to install period. Either a solution for current installer or new installation that doesn’t require unsupported dependencies would be nice.

5 hours ago, WolfyAU82 said:

Tried installing .NET Framework 4.7 from MS to see if I could fix the dependency problems - Microsoft stopped supporting 4.7 on Windows 10 according to error displayed on actual web installer.

Dependencies required to install LaunchBox are no longer supported, unable to install period. Either a solution for current installer or new installation that doesn’t require unsupported dependencies would be nice.

You are using version 9.5 right? because that has no issues installing on Windows 10, in fact its our recommended OS as it supports the new .NET which we use out of the box. I just tested installing a fresh version myself here, im using the latest insider build of Windows 10 as of 16/02/2018 so its a build i only installed two days ago so is a very new build, and Launchbox installed just fine as expected. Here is a video of me installing it.

in Windows click win + r to open a run box then type winver in there and then report back what your build is. I don't know if you keep your system up to date or not but if you don't and you have an older version of Windows 10 that predates .Net 4.7 it would be at the point that it will never see the update to 4.7 and you need to update your Windows. If that is all good and you do keep it up to date you can try running an administrative level command prompt and run sfc /scannow and look for any corruption with your Windows install.

• 3 years later...

It seems like the dependencies required are no longer supported, so you won't be able to install it with .NET Framework 4.7. Perhaps, you could try a new installation method that doesn't require those unsupported dependencies. Also, have you considered getting cheap windows keys from online marketplaces? They can be a cost-effective solution for your needs. Good luck!

Edited by Sigint

2 hours ago, Sigint said:

It seems like the dependencies required are no longer supported, so you won't be able to install it with .NET Framework 4.7. Perhaps, you could try a new installation method that doesn't require those unsupported dependencies.

What issue are you running into? This thread is from three years ago and is definitely no longer relevant at all.