LaunchBox Community Forums

Sound not working in Launchbox. Not just Retroarch, but all emulators. Cemu, Dolphin, Mednafen EVERYTHING

solastus54

I have everything saved on an external hard drives as per the YouTube tutorials. Launchbox, all roms, BIOS everything. Everything was working fine up until yesterday when i did my yearly maintenance, where i do a factory reset.  Now the roms all play fine but there is no sound. Yes ive looked on google and followed previous fixes for launchbox, nothing is working. I just recently purchased Launchbox Premium so im kinda more than a little bit unhappy as everything else is working fine, all other windows game are fine its just everything to do with emulation that is run through Launchbox....Plezase if all you have to say is "everything is working fine for me i dont know what is wrong." save your breath. I dont care if its working great for you, it doesnt help me, please only respond with possible solutions. Thanks.

no, none of my emulators do, i have a few run through retroarch, and the rest like Cemu, Dolphin, and Mednafen are all run stand alone. No sound tho....sorry if i sounded like a didck im just frustrated cuz ive asked on multiple placed like Toms Hardware, Cnet etc and for every 20 responses i get only one person will offer a possible solution, everyone else just says idk man mines working fine lol

I understand.

If none of your emulators have sound after your factory reset then something got messed up with the drivers or emulator settings because of it. Maybe those those emulators require a Direct X or some other library reinstall or something.

It is strange that all your emulators lost sound though but I have never done a factory reset on my computer unless I was doing a full format and reinstall of Windows for whatever reason.

yeah i thought about that i had to reinstall c++ for the Cemu emulator....ill check on that thanks, yeah i did the reset because i got a virus through WiiUsb helper. Usually i do a rest once a year but i decided to do it early cuz of that. Ill check out what you said tho.

Edited by solastus54

yeah i understand, ive just given my AV so many permission over the past year and everytime i would run an emulator my whole system would crash " :) hmm looks like your system experienced am issue and we need to resee.:....i usually keep everythign backed up on my external sdd so i guess its just a force of habit...i only started happening when i started adding wii u games through usbhelper tho

Edited by solastus54

47 minutes ago, solastus54 said:

progress...so i reinstalled direct x and i have sound but it sounds like its running in super slow mo

Is your monitor running at 30hz rather than 60hz? this can happen sometimes with a new OS install so your games could be running at half speed and therefore the sound will run slow also.

• Thanks 1