LaunchBox Community Forums

PCSX2 on second monitor

Lulicious60

Hey guys, since I can't find an answer on the PCSX2 boards I figured I would ask if anyone here has any success. So I want to have my television as my second monitor. Every other emulator that I have set up will either automatically open on the television or there is an option to do so by default. PCSX2 is the problem. Have you guys had any success with having it open on your second monitor rather than your primary? Someone that is much better with autohotkey perhaps?  Thank you in advance.

Try:

#NoEnv
 Sleep, 3000    ;wait 3 seconds
 Send #+{Left}  ;Send Win+Shift+Left
 Return

; This section closes PCSX2 when pressing Escape
$Esc::
{
	Process, Close, {{{StartupEXE}}}
}

Edit the pcsx2 emulator AutoHotKey Script tab.  

Notes:
1) In the code above I took out the SetKeyDelay. Don't think it's needed.
2) If your tv is your 'Right' monitor, change Left to Right.
3) The Escape sequence should already be in there. 

pcsx2.thumb.PNG.227f618b3b2897872665ce27952b36c2.PNG

• Thanks 3

• 1 year later...

Not sure if this is too late to respond to this topic. I am using the above autohotkey script. It works in moving PCSX2 to my second display (which is on the left). The only problem is it isn't going full screen. My second display is a 4K TV and my primary display is a 1440p monitor. Is there any way to make it go full screen when launching a game through Big Box mode? All the other emulators work right off the bat, but PCSX2 just opens in what looks like a black background covering my TV(except the taskbar at the bottom, and a small window for PCSX2 in the top left of the TV. Any help would be appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/9/2019 at 4:54 PM, JoeViking245 said:

Try:

#NoEnv
 Return

{
}

Notes:

I know its been over a year, but you saved my life dude.

• 3 months later...

Hey Gang - I hope I'm not too late to the party. Been having fun with the new Big Box Purchase.

I'm having a similar issue to above. Everything was working fine with the above script. The PCSX2 was moving to the second monitor (a TV to the left), but as of late, it's moving the PCSX2 emulator window and not the actual game. I've tried to adjust the delay times thinking it was just triggering the WIN/Shift/Left too soon, but this didn't seem to change anything.

Any suggestions? 

@TWANG45  Plan "B"

SetTitleMatchMode, 2
Loop
{
   IfWinActive, Slot
   {
      Send #+{Right}
      Break
   }
}

The games' window will have the Title "Slot... something_or_another".  So this will hang around (Loop) until it 'sees' a window with "Slot" in the Title, move it and then stop hanging around (Break).  If you only have 2 monitors, using {Left} or {Right} doesn't matter.  It just goes to the 'next' monitor.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Sorry to bump this, the above scripts work however PCSX2 always starts on the main screen for a second or two before switching to the secondary monitor.  This is driving me mad as I often have youtube on the main screen and want to play ps2 on the second monitor, I don't want the black screen on the main every time i load a game though?

• 1 year later...
On 3/9/2019 at 10:54 AM, JoeViking245 said:

Try:

#NoEnv
 Return

{
}

Notes:

My apologies for bumping this, but...Is there a way to do this, but with the redream emulator? It worked flawlessly for pcsx2 :) I simply cannot find a good answer anywhere else!

Edited by Nulion

2 minutes ago, Nulion said:

Is there a way to do this, but with the redream emulator? It worked flawlessly for pcsx2 :)

Sure! Do the exact same steps above, except instead of editing your PCSX2 emulator, edit your Redream emulator. :D

Just be sure to follow the "Notes".  Namely note #3 because the escape sequence is different between the 2 emulators.

3 minutes ago, JoeViking245 said:

Sure! Do the exact same steps above, except instead of editing your PCSX2 emulator, edit your Redream emulator. :D

Just be sure to follow the "Notes".  Namely note #3 because the escape sequence is different between the 2 emulators.

You beautiful, beautiful person :D You've seriously made my day with this script of yours; it's solving all my problems! Thank you!

• Game On 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2022 at 4:25 PM, JoeViking245 said:

Annnd I'm having one more problem, am hoping you might know what to do. I'm trying to do the same thing now with PPSSPP, and it seems as though this script isn't working here. Any ideas?

29 minutes ago, Nulion said:

Annnd I'm having one more problem, am hoping you might know what to do. I'm trying to do the same thing now with PPSSPP, and it seems as though this script isn't working here. Any ideas?

When PPSSPP is fully running, does anything happen if you press the {Windows}+{Shift}+{Left Arrow} keys manually?

In nothing happens, then this will not work.

If it does move the window, try setting the Sleep timer to longer that 3 seconds ("3000").  i.e. 10 seconds (10000)