LaunchBox Community Forums

M3U import clarification

Hamburglin

Does launchbox or retroarch specifically prioritize using m3u's when loading games?

Currently, I have a bunch of saturn games that are already imported to launchbox that I want to make m3u's for. However, how do I get launchbox or retroarch to use the m3u's and not the image files they've been using? Is launchbox or retroarch smart enough to start using the m3u's if I make them and import them?

Right clicking to choose disc or emulator etc is not acceptable as this needs to be as user friendly as possible.

I know the following setup worked with ps1 but don't want to have to remove saturn games and re-important so I can run this process if I don't have to:

1. Import m3u files ONLY
  2. Manually drag multi disc games into launchbox rom folder (where the m3u files were imported to)
  3. Import the rest of the single disc games into launchbox
Edited by Hamburglin

If you want to make a m3u file for a game already imported into LB you could simply edit it to point to you m3u file just in case you are brand new to all this to edit a game highlight it then either hit ctrl+e on your keyboard or right click and choose edit from the context menu. To see if they will work in RA go to RA load the Saturn core you are using then go to Information and then core information there will be a line that shows supported file types I just checked the Beetle Saturn core and that does support m3u so if that's the core you are using your good to go if not you will have to check the Yabause core. I'm pretty sure that even with M3Us you have to instruct RA to change the disks from with inside of the program there is just no getting around that.

• 10 months later...

Salve a tutti, avrei una piccola domanda. Come faccio ad impostare il cambio disco su psx con emulatore Epsxe usando launchbox/bigbox???? esiste un modo dove arrivo al punto richiesto nel gioco di cambiar disco( esempio metal gear solid) quando richiede il disco 2 senza dover far procedure mastodontiche??? grazie in anticipo

Hi everyone, I have a little question. How do I set the disk changer on psx with Epsxe emulator using launchbox / bigbox ???? is there a way where i get to the point required in the game to change disc (for example metal gear solid) when it requires disc 2 without having to do bloated procedures ??? Thanks in advance

Edited by Retro808
Add Google Translation.

1 hour ago, Hans92ITA said:

Salve a tutti, avrei una piccola domanda. Come faccio ad impostare il cambio disco su psx con emulatore Epsxe usando launchbox/bigbox???? esiste un modo dove arrivo al punto richiesto nel gioco di cambiar disco( esempio metal gear solid) quando richiede il disco 2 senza dover far procedure mastodontiche??? grazie in anticipo

I recommend posting using Google Translate. Some members may not want to take the time to translate for you so they may avoid answering.

I cannot answer your question as I do not mess with multi-disc games much, but posted a translation for you.

ePSXe does not have M3U support. To use the disc change feature you would need to alter settings to allow you to get to the main UI and have access to the "Change Disc" menu option and manually change it yourself, Launchbox has no current way to automate that process. If you want an easier time with Multi-disc games you may want to try the mednafen_psx core in Launchbox. I can't speak to how good/bad it emulates compared to ePSXe as I am not well versed, I DO know though it supports M3U files which Launchbox is set up to pass it.