LaunchBox Community Forums

HLSL / GLSL

Michelle911

it's 5:15 am  ?  I've been at this all nite determined to get it, but I've failed...  I'm using mame .174  and I'm trying to enable HLSL,  but after taking the first steps of simply turning it on my games won't load,  mame just exits before the game starts.  I've got a good working 174 romset and everything is golden as far as roms being correct and auditing perfectly for my version,  no issues playing games or anything else.  I compiled my own Mame with no nags and installed the hi score saving.  Even trying to use GLSL as an alternative allows me to load the game but there's no effect at all.

Mame devs says PS3.0 is required but I can't find any info on it,  all the popular search engines only direct me back to mame devs or gives me playstation links ?

more searching reveals possibly I need DX9.0 installed on my win10 machine...  did that but it didn't help,  even more searching told me maybe I needed to turn on legacy Direct Play in win10,  did that too but also didn't help.

I have a new pc that's super fast and a gtx 1050 ti video card.  Shaders are working in retroarch,  but I'm just not getting anything from mame.

did I mention I hate being a noob here?...  I've played with mame for years but it always seems I find something to bang my head on lol

thanks,  hopefully not quite tldr here.

I think I got it!  thanks everyone for the replies,  I did try the official exe before posting,  but when you said that,  I thought I should go back and make sure I didn't miss some other files...  and I was missing a couple other folders entirely  :$  too many mame folders scattered about my emulation folder... I guess I got sloppy somewhere,  or stayed up too long fixed on the wrong thing.

k,  off I go awaiting my next genius move  :/

• 6 months later...

Take notes of any changes you make and like and then you edit the raster.ini file found in your Mame\ini\presets folder. You will find all the settings in there, just input your settings you like and save. Some settings may be named slightly different but they should be similar enough to figure out.