LaunchBox Community Forums

Retroarch PSP

MetaTristan

Can confirm a similar issue with Retroarch PPSSPP on Final Fantasy 1. When trying to access the in game save menu, the text is broken. Same Rom works fine on stand-alone PPSSPP. It's very strange, the game itself seems to work fine in RA, though I didn't go too far into it, but messing with the saves menu produces jumbled up text.  

8 hours ago, MetaTristan said:

So I was playing sega genesis collection for psp and the autosave creation screen text was all garbbled up and I have no clue about it. Can anybody help me out?

When I had this issue, the fix was to go to the emulator site:

https://www.ppsspp.org/downloads.html

Then download the Windows ZIP file with the emulator and look inside the Asset directory.  Make a duplicate of your existing PPSSPP directory in your Retroarch/System/PPSSPP path.  Copy the the newer *.zim files, two of which are UI related from those you downloaded from the PPSSPP site into your Retroarch/System PPSSPP directory (which is basically all the files that are in the Assets folder from the PPSSPP site).  That should fix.

Alternatively, if that doesn't work try replacing all files with the entire contents of the Asset directory from the downloaded PPSSPP zip file to your Retroarch/System/PPSSPP path. 

Make sure to move the PSP folder (which has all your save files) from your backup over to the new PPSSPP directory with the Asset contents.Capture.thumb.PNG.f9647ad3e11d578f45189e6069147f97.PNG

Edited by sundogak
clarified with screen shot
  • Thanks 1