LaunchBox Community Forums

StartUp Questions (About Steam etc...)

retro6

Hi guys long time not written arround here sorry for that ? busy with private life building home maby new game room who knows ?.

First off thanks again for all the new features on LB, BB they look amazing, thx for all the artwork people are doing without them it would be borring to look at , everything is amazing ?

My question in general goes arround the startup feature, i have used rocketlauncher for years now like many other people on the forum, and with the right configuration the fade in and fade out in general are very nice and somthing that you can't live without it on a nice clean setup, it hides anything what goes on the background and that is what we want. "GOOD"

I am playing arround with the NEW LB, BB StartUp feature specialy on PC games as you know they are very dificult to config on RL "timings and responding to fade in and fade out" nearly imposible to get theme right on RL. But they do work nice on LB, BB !!they do!! !!but only with GOG games!! ? (in my case) i just can't get theme right with my Steam Games.

Example

On GOG (Launching game trough BB perfect it shows Loading Screen and the Game Over, Exit Screen)

On Steam (If i Launch the game trough LB perfect it shows the Loading Screen and the Game Over, Exit Screen) (But if i launch it trough BB it shows the Loading screen but doasn´t show the Game Over, Exit Screen.

I have tried everything and i don´t think it has somthing to do with Steam because it shows the Fade in and Fade Out screen by launching it trough LB.

A nother question about the Default StartUp

I like simples i do ?, is there any way i can get rid of all the images on the StartUp screen? Clean Art? I would like to just have the now Loading and the Game Over letters with the background image to be displayed ¿is it posible?

And the last one ¿are you guys planing on improving this in the future? i am not a programer of any sorts but i can understand the dificultys to do somthing like this and it has to be improved. A good example are games that uses some patches, yesterday i bought Vampire - The Masquerade Bloodlines and as you guys know the game needs to be patched to get it playable "or sort of".

The thing is that if you set this up with the StartUp feature (GOG Game)

(Launching trough BB, LB it shows the StartUp screen, then it flashes trough 2 seconds showing the loading screen of the game comes back again to the BB, LB Loading Screen and then into the game. "See it is not totaly hiden trough all the process.

I can imagine this needs a lot of work and i am not shure if it is even posible to completely fix some of the issues, but i would love to see a proper fading in and out screen to hide everything we don't want to see on our screens.

Thanks to everyone and everything, LaunchBox is a fantastic software keep up the good work ?

As someone who also uses Rocketlauncher, PC games have always been problematic with fade. Even games launched in the same way (IE Steam) can produce different results, not to mention launchers and windows alerts (oh my!). With all of the options for fade available in Rocketlauncher, and still being unable to execute every fade seamlessly, as a fellow layman, I'd say in general it will probably get better but don't expect perfection. 

12 hours ago, retro6 said:

I like simples i do ?, is there any way i can get rid of all the images on the StartUp screen? Clean Art? I would like to just have the now Loading and the Game Over letters with the background image to be displayed ¿is it posible?

Again, as a layman, I'm pretty sure this would be possible, but as I understand it, the startups are themed. You could try asking in the theme section if it's possible and maybe someone can whip one up for you, or you can try to create one yourself that just doesn't call to any artwork. 

13 hours ago, retro6 said:

A nother question about the Default StartUp

There are a couple startup themes that use simple images you can check the downloads section and see if any of those fit what you are looking for. If not, you can copy the default theme and rename it then edit the xaml to remove references to the images you do not want to see. If you are comfortable editing code that is. Are you just wanting the loading text and the background image? 

The reason you have to copy the default theme is you cannot edit any of Launchbox/BigBox default themes. They will always revert back to normal state. This is to ensure LB/BB always have at least 1 working theme. 

• 1 month later...

Hi again guys, after lot of fiddle arround with the startup i have found out that nearly everything is working fine with PC games "in a way" GOG games are just working fantastic with it.

But Steam games are only working fine in Launchbox Mode, the Load and Exit is beautifull but as soon i try it with Big Box somthing goes wrong! The Load screen appears and the Exit doasn´t.

Any ideas??? there must be somthing wrong with Big Box in that matter, i have checked all the option and it seems to be fine.

TIA

• 6 months later...
On 5/4/2019 at 7:10 AM, retro6 said:

Hi again guys, after lot of fiddle arround with the startup i have found out that nearly everything is working fine with PC games "in a way" GOG games are just working fantastic with it.

But Steam games are only working fine in Launchbox Mode, the Load and Exit is beautifull but as soon i try it with Big Box somthing goes wrong! The Load screen appears and the Exit doasn´t.

Any ideas??? there must be somthing wrong with Big Box in that matter, i have checked all the option and it seems to be fine.

TIA

ive had this issue for quite some time now.  if your using an nvidia card check with nvidiaprofileinspector to see under the "other" section if buffer-flipping mode is set to OGL Force Blit ON or OFF.

From the behavior your seeing, im going to assume its set to ON.  You can try OFF which is in theory better, and should have been the default - but instead of the shutdown screens not showing up, for me it results in them being super slow motion.  A screen that should last 5 seconds fades in over the course of about 15, then out over the course of 15.

startup and pause are unaffected.   No idea whats up w / the shutdown.  Still working on it. 

On 11/17/2019 at 7:34 PM, klepp0906 said:

ive had this issue for quite some time now.  if your using an nvidia card check with nvidiaprofileinspector to see under the "other" section if buffer-flipping mode is set to OGL Force Blit ON or OFF.

From the behavior your seeing, im going to assume its set to ON.  You can try OFF which is in theory better, and should have been the default - but instead of the shutdown screens not showing up, for me it results in them being super slow motion.  A screen that should last 5 seconds fades in over the course of about 15, then out over the course of 15.

startup and pause are unaffected.   No idea whats up w / the shutdown.  Still working on it. 

Hi mate thanks for the reply very nice of of you. I have just done that and it is doing the same thing here....... no exit screen unfortunalty ?

Let's wait and see if it get's better with the time. Same thing happen with RPCS3 PS3 Emulator. It launches very well but on the exit part it just stuck on a black screen till i press any button on the controller. Shame ? cause it runs fantastic with Cemu.

Salu