Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums
Drunkasaurus

Big Box not displaying properly since 9.6 update

Recommended Posts

Hey everyone!

I was goofing around in Big Box just a bit ago when I remembered that the 9.6 update came out. I opened Launchbox and downloaded it, ready to get some new themes in Big Box. Unfortunately, when I open Big Box, after the splash logo shows the screen goes black. I can still navigate and hear my movements through the menus. Sometimes I can get a super low res image of some game's art to show on the screen.

The problem is that the menu does not display on my Dell LCD running at 1920x1080.

 

Thanks in advance for your help, if you need any other info just let me know!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Drunkasaurus said:

Hey everyone!

I was goofing around in Big Box just a bit ago when I remembered that the 9.6 update came out. I opened Launchbox and downloaded it, ready to get some new themes in Big Box. Unfortunately, when I open Big Box, after the splash logo shows the screen goes black. I can still navigate and hear my movements through the menus. Sometimes I can get a super low res image of some game's art to show on the screen.

The problem is that the menu does not display on my Dell LCD running at 1920x1080.

 

Thanks in advance for your help, if you need any other info just let me know!

Thats a strange one for sure and not a issue i have ever heard of before. Are you using the Default theme? If so try closing Launchbox/Bigbox and navigating to the Launchbox/Themes folder and deleting the Default theme folder. When you re-launch Bigbox it will recreate the Default theme folder, see if that fixes it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Thats a strange one for sure and not a issue i have ever heard of before. Are you using the Default theme? If so try closing Launchbox/Bigbox and navigating to the Launchbox/Themes folder and deleting the Default theme folder. When you re-launch Bigbox it will recreate the Default theme folder, see if that fixes it.

Thanks for the reply. I tried your advice and got the same result! I'm apprehensive to re-install because I have everything set up the way I like it, and I'm worried I'll just run into the same issue anyway. What else could it be?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Drunkasaurus said:

Thanks for the reply. I tried your advice and got the same result! I'm apprehensive to re-install because I have everything set up the way I like it, and I'm worried I'll just run into the same issue anyway. What else could it be?

Could be that the update corrupted during install. Try looking in your Launchbox/Updates folder for the current installer, and install it directly over the top of your current install.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also you could try going to Launchbox/Data and moving the bigboxsettings.xml out of the folder and see if it loads correctly, if it does then its something wrong there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got the exact same issue, but only when I launch BB through Steam using Steamlink. So weird....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...