LaunchBox Community Forums

Spinning Disc

Garifornia

1 hour ago, Garifornia said:

In Launchbox (not bigbox) is there any way to slow down the disc spinning animation when a game loads. Only it spins so fast you can't see whats on the picture .  

I assume you are using a startup screen and that is where you are talking about. If this is correct, which startup theme are you using?

You would have to edit the default theme. You have to make a copy though and edit the copy as LB and BB will not allow you to alter default themes. 

You can copy the default theme folder and rename it what you want. Then using something like Notepad++ edit the CD based xamls look for a line of code referring to Disc Rotate. The second line that contains a "From" and "To" is the disc revolutions related to 360 and the "Duration" is how slow or fast it takes to spin that set number. You can alter those to try and get the speed you want. If you set the "To" to something like 2160 and duration to "00:00:12.000" it would spin the disc 2160 degrees in 12 seconds. 

• Thanks 2

• 2 years later...
On 4/7/2019 at 10:58 AM, Retro808 said:

You would have to edit the default theme. You have to make a copy though and edit the copy as LB and BB will not allow you to alter default themes. 

You can copy the default theme folder and rename it what you want. Then using something like Notepad++ edit the CD based xamls look for a line of code referring to Disc Rotate. The second line that contains a "From" and "To" is the disc revolutions related to 360 and the "Duration" is how slow or fast it takes to spin that set number. You can alter those to try and get the speed you want. If you set the "To" to something like 2160 and duration to "00:00:12.000" it would spin the disc 2160 degrees in 12 seconds. 

Has this location changed in the Default view?  I don't see any of the xamls that jump out at me as "CD Based".  There's no platform-specific xamls.

I'm trying to copy the Default view and turn off the spinning animation for the loading screen disc images.

14 minutes ago, drw4013 said:

Has this location changed in the Default view?  I don't see any of the xamls that jump out at me as "CD Based".  There's no platform-specific xamls.

I'm trying to copy the Default view and turn off the spinning animation for the loading screen disc images.

image.thumb.png.2f4058daebf484c2ee4bb8c4885e95fb.png

• Thanks 1