LaunchBox Community Forums

Platform not recognized by scraping methods

haleksander

When i install custom themes which include backgrounds for each platform, some of the platforms get the default background rather than the (in my case:) the Commodore Amiga cd 32, and the Microsoft Windows background. I think i know why this is happening as i checked the metadata for those two platforms and realize that almost all fields are empty.  But the "Scrape as"-field has the correct platform selected. Which field is nescessary for custom themes to know what platform it is?

I have two Bibgbox setups, and this problem is only affecting the oldest one (about 3 years old i think) 

23 minutes ago, haleksander said:

When i install custom themes which include backgrounds for each platform, some of the platforms get the default background rather than the (in my case:) the Commodore Amiga cd 32, and the Microsoft Windows background. I think i know why this is happening as i checked the metadata for those two platforms and realize that almost all fields are empty.  But the "Scrape as"-field has the correct platform selected. Which field is nescessary for custom themes to know what platform it is?

I have two Bibgbox setups, and this problem is only affecting the oldest one (about 3 years old i think) 

The actual Platform name you use in Launchbox needs to match the naming of the images in the theme, its not the "scrape as" that themes take the platform from, (i'm not even sure if this information is available to themes at all) So if the theme is expecting "Commodore Amiga CD 32" but your platform is named differently the art wont show. Case also matters in the naming as well.

• 2 weeks later...